Yummy Food & Drinks at Denny Bar Co.
Last week, we celebrated my mother-in-law’s 70th birthday at Denny Bar Co. It’s a popular new restaurant in our community because the food is delicious and the space is gorgeous. It reminds me of restaurants I’ve dined at in larger cities like San Francisco and Portland.
It was my third time eating at Denny Bar Co., and the food and drinks were tasty.
Below are a few highlights from the evening:
1. The drive to Denny Bar Co. was spectacular because the golden light made the green fields even more vibrant.
2. The Husband was the designated driver, so he had a few mocktails. His favorite drink was the Eastside Road which included cucumber syrup (imported from France), fresh lime and mint, and club soda. I'm not a big drinker these days, but I did have one gin infused drink—The Corpse Revival #2. The name sounds scary, but it was a small and yummy beverage.
3. My mother-in-law shared some of her wedge salad with me, and it was delicious!
4. I splurged and ordered the Chicken Carbonara. It's a spaghetti dish that includes sautéed chicken, wild mushrooms, broccoli, and Alfredo sauce.
5. We lucked out and a staff member, Pamela, gave us a tour of the distillery. Learning about the gin and vodka making process was fascinating.
6. My mother-in-law's girlfriend joined us for dinner, and she bought all the deserts! Seriously, she ordered one of each off the menu. We passed the desserts around the table, and everyone sampled a bite (or two or three) of the following items:
- Buttermilk Pie, with fresh berries & sweet walnut cream
- Caramel Corn Chocolate Cake, with hazelnut frosting & strawberry compote
- Mama Fia’s Comstock Cherry-whipped Cheesecake
- French Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with berries on top
- Strawberry Lemon Drop Cake, with lemon icing & strawberry coulis
The chocolate cake and cheesecake were my favorite desserts.
7. Our dining experience at Denny Bar Co. was lovely, and it was an excellent way to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. I'll patronize the restaurant again soon because my mom turns 70 in June, and I want to treat her to a meal at Denny Bar Co. She'd love the experience (especially the deserts)!
And last but not least, here's a gallery of photos from the evening. I wasn't able to take photographs of the food because the lighting wasn't the best. Next time!