For the last three years, I kept a running list of the books I’ve read on RowdyKittens. About three months ago, I started to use Goodreads to keep track of the books I’ve read. However, I haven’t been updating my book list because it’s not an activity I enjoy. Instead, I’ve opted to make notes about the books I love in my journal. Then, I share my recommendations in my weekly happy links round-up.
Over the last few days, I’ve been culling through the books I read during 2013 and I wanted to share my favorite books with you. However, I didn’t want the list to be insanely long, so I only picked the very best reads to share with you.
I highly recommend these books. Be sure to pick up a copy at your library, a local bookstore, or from an online retailer.
Best book on writing . . .
Best book on healthcare & caregiving . . .
Best self-help book, ever . . .
- The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte
Best book on simplicity . . .
- Mini-missions for Simplicity by Courtney Carver
Best series . . .
Best fantasy/mystery . . .
Best memoirs . . .
- No Place Like Home: A Memoir in 39 Apartments by Brooke Berman
- Zen Under Fire: How I Found Peace in the Midst of War by Marianne Elliott
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
- Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison by Piper Kerman
Share your favorite books in the comments section.