Since my birthday fell on a Wednesday, I took a few days off from work to play. I love Ashland, Oregon, so Logan and I decided to spend some time in the area. We booked our lodging through Airbnb and it was a fantastic experience! It was my first time using the service and we stayed in a sweet little condo, one mile from downtown Ashland.
The condo was roughly 600 sq-ft and it was cozy. Our hosts recently remodeled the condo and they decorated the space with 70s decor; the details were lovely. For example, they had an awesome Panasonic stereo and record player, a fire place, stationary & stamps, and a huge Norman Rockwell book on the coffee table.
We spent hours walking around Ashland. It was fun to explore residential areas, downtown, and Lithia Park. I adore Lithia Park, especially during fall. The colors were stunning.
In addition to long walks, we dined at fantastic restaurants. If you are ever in Ashland, I recommend checking out these spots:
- Mix Sweet Shop makes a mean pour-over and their coconut cream tart and chocolate hazelnut macaroons are amazing.
- Standing Stone Brewery has fantastic beer and starter dishes. My favorite was the goat cheese fondue with multi-seed crackers, apples and olives.
- We ate Martino’s for my birthday dinner and they didn’t disappoint. The Willamette Valley Vineyard Pinot Gris was lovely and their Oregon Smoked Salmon Ravioli was incredibly rich. I savored every bite.
- The Breadboard was recommended by our host and the breakfast menu was remarkable. I had a veggie eggs Benedict; instead of meat they added a portobello mushrooms and spinach to the dish.
- The pad thai at Sesame Asian Kitchen is delicious! Plus, Sesame is a sweet little spot for people watching because it’s right across the street from Lithia Park.
Logan and I don’t eat out often, so eating good food in Ashland was a special birthday treat. I don’t like shopping in boutiques for stuff, but I love spending money on yummy food and coffee.
How do celebrate special occasions?