“Gratitude puts everything into perspective.” — Danielle LaPorte
Last week, I was sitting on my front porch — relaxing after a six-mile hike — when the FedEx guy arrived. He stepped out of his van with a large shiny silver envelope and handed it to me. I wondered what was inside the package because I wasn’t expecting books or stationary.
When I opened the envelope, I squealed with delight. I received the new 2015 Desire Map Day Planner by Danielle LaPorte. This gift came at the perfect time because on my hike I decided to purchase the new planner. Surprise packages are the best!
I’ve been using the 2014 Desire Map Planner since January and it’s helped me stay on track with my intentions. I use it as a planner and diary, which has been a fantastic creative combination. However, I’ve experienced one drawback with the 2014 planner. There isn’t enough space to write my to-do lists in the daily calendar section. So, I started using my other journal for that purpose and began using the planner to stay focused on long-term goals.
The 2015 planner rocks because Danielle — and her team — improved the design. It reminds me of a super-sized Moleskine (but it’s way better).
Below are a few things I love about the new version:
- The size of the planner, the texture of the cover, and the feel of the paper are delightful.
- I especially love the interior layout. It offers more room for dreaming and scheming on a daily basis.
- I appreciate the space — and questions — for reflection at the end of each month.
- I like the elastic closure and the pocket in the back of the planner. I can tuck additional notes, stationary, and other odds and ends in the planner. Now, I won’t worry about losing those items.
In addition to my Midori notebook, the Desire Map Day Planner will be part of my daily life in 2015. Digital tools help me share my ideas, yet, there is nothing better for my creativity than using analog style tools.
P. S. Danielle offered to giveaway one planner to a RowdyKittens reader! To participate in the giveaway:
- Simply leave a comment at the bottom of this post and fill in this sentence: “I’m grateful for … “
- Leave your first and last name in the comment form, along with your email address.
I will announce the winner next week.
An important note: I’m not being compensated for this review and I only promote products that I love and use regularly.