My Thanksgiving break was lovely and relaxing. I spent time with family, took leisurely walks with my mom, and had coffee with a friend in Mt. Shasta. While my mom and I were in Mt. Shasta, I bought Anne Lamott’s beautiful new book at Village Books. As my mom and I were leaving the bookstore, I recognized a man walking into the shop. It turned out to be my old boss, Bill Thornton! I worked for Bill during my college years at Thornton’s Chevron & Food Mart in Chico, CA. It was good to see him and it made me think of an article I wrote called The Gas Station Girl. It’s a small world.
Additional weekend highlights included:
- Eating my mother-in-law’s amazing Thanksgiving dinner and deserts. She makes the best berry pie!
- Watching Logan, Tyler, and my father-in-law play cribbage.
- Playing with Red. She’s five months old and is a giant! I can’t believe she used to be so small.
- Catching up with family and spending time with my mom.
- My mom and I were inspired by Ellen Burstyn’s lessons on love, loss, and survival.
- Having lunch at the Etna Brew Pub in Yreka, CA. The food and beer are delicious!
- Hosting my mom at our cottage.
- Spending a few nights at the tiny house.
Savoring these moments made my holiday weekend fun and stress-free. Enjoy the photos and tell me about the tiny beautiful moments you experienced during Thanksgiving.