Happy Links: Pandas Gone Wild

Photo by Tammy Strobel

{This week: Pandas, walking, the power of blogging, and more.}

Hi all,

After a year hiatus, I decided to revive my weekly happy links series, with a caveat. If I don’t have interesting links to share, I won’t share my weekly link roundup, and if I only have a few good reads to share, I’ll only share a few good reads. I want this series to be playful, lighthearted, easy to create, and inspiring for you to read!

With that, below are ten happy links that inspired me this week. Enjoy!

1. The perfect antidote to sadness: Pandas Gone Wild.

2. So good: 3 quick thoughts about walking.

3. Please don’t kill the blogs.

4. In tech and media, you can’t remain neutral on a moving train.

5. Welcome back blogging?

6. A Week In Review: How to care less.

7. I’m obsessed with Farm Girl Flowers.

8. I’ve made Dana’s One-Pot Everyday Lentil Soup twice, and it’s delicious, healthy, and inexpensive! #obsessed

9. I enjoy Seth Godin’s short and powerful blog posts. Surfing vs. coal mining was spot on!

10. And last but not least, I’d love to hear about your favorite weekly reads in the comments section.

Thanks for reading, and have a lovely weekend!

With gratitude,

12 comments… add one
  • Ginger February 2, 2018, 4:58 am

Thank you for reviving this! I don’t subscribe to a large amount of blogs , so as not to get overwhelmed. This list gave some great and thoughtful things to read!

• Tammy Strobel February 2, 2018, 9:02 am

You’re welcome! Thanks for reading.

• Domic February 2, 2018, 5:26 am

Thanks for sharing, I especially love the lentil soup! Will try this soon! My favourite read this week was indeed your book, “You can buy happiness and it is cheap”- really! I was a little reluctant as I live in Germany and some things are slightly different here, but I already got a lot of inspiration! My next step will be to go through my knitting supplies and give away what I do not longer need. Oh, and for recipes: My favourite is the “African Kidney Beans with Peanut Butter” thing from this German blog – it is in German, but I think you can figure it out via Google translate: https://www.eat-this.org/kidneybohnen-a-la-afrika/

• Tammy Strobel February 2, 2018, 9:02 am

Thanks for reading my book Domic & for the kind words! I’ll check out the recipe you mentioned. 🙂

• Jodi February 2, 2018, 7:53 am

Thank you so much for adding the link to Amanda Sandlin. Her work is absolutely beautiful and inspiring.

• Jen February 2, 2018, 8:40 am

I just finished reading “Rest,” by Alex Soojung Kim Pang & “A Year to Live,” by Stephen Levine. Very excited about the lentil soup recipe you posted. It’s on my weekend wish list, as it will be a good treat as the rain falls in Seattle. Thank you for always sharing such great stuff. I so look forward to your posts!

• Tammy Strobel February 2, 2018, 9:05 am

Thank you! I’ve heard fantastic things about “Rest” and “A Year to Live!” I need to add those books to my reading list.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the rain! California is way too dry this winter. xoxo.

• Amber February 2, 2018, 9:10 pm

Glad to see you revive this. Especially enjoyed the posts about blogging. I’ve been daydreaming about getting back to writing more on my own site too. Maybe this will kick start me to action.

• Joy February 3, 2018, 5:23 am

Just started another vegetarian Whole30 and happy to find some inspiration here for some new recipes to try, and then the links from the links, top stuff!! As always thanks.

• Anu February 4, 2018, 3:49 am

Thank you for the link to Farmgirl Flowers! I just ordered a bouquet for my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. I’ve had a hard time finding a good place for flowers. Also love the link for the soup. I have everything for it already in the house 🙂 I subscribe to the New Yorker and I’ve been reading the latest issue. The writing is stellar and the articles let me explore worlds I’ve never even dreamed about like how drone racing is a thing and how to define end of life.

• Tammy Strobel February 4, 2018, 7:21 am

I’m obsessed with Farm Girl Flowers! My friends recently sent me a beautiful bouquet, and that’s how I discovered the company. 🙂 I’ve been thinking about subscribing to the New Yorker! Thanks for the tip. xoxo.