Keep a folder of your favorite shots.

Photo by Tammy Strobel

In A Beginner’s Guide to Backing Up Photos photographers, Ami Vitale and Terry Sullivan offered a variety of tips and tools to help readers organize and back-up their images.

Here’s one of my favorite tips from the article:

“Keep a folder of your favorite shots: Ms. Vitale recommends storing your best images in a folder on your computer’s desktop, and periodically, creating a special backup of just these images. But, she says, you’ll need to take a little time and edit your shots after each trip or event, and choose only your best shots.”

I decided to follow Vitale’s advice and create a favorites folder in DropBox!

When I started going through my photo archive to find my best images, I was overwhelmed because I have so many pictures. Rather than trying to gather all of my most loved images at once, I started small and chose a tiny selection of my favorite morning views from the last year.  Over the next few weeks, I’ll add additional images to the folder.

And of course, I had to share some of my favorites with you. Enjoy the photo gallery!

With gratitude,

PS: If you’re curious about how I manage my photography workflow, read:

How I Take My Daily Photo

How I Culled Through 1,009 Travel Photos

10 comments… add one
  • Nan Scarborough February 6, 2018, 4:04 am

Beautiful and inspiring. Thank you.

• Adrianne Smith February 6, 2018, 4:27 am

Thanks for sharing the advice and the photos, Tammy. I use photographs for references when I paint, and I, too, find it overwhelming when it comes to reviewing my digital photographs. Sending “lovepurrgers” (a/k/a the good kitty vibes) to you and your Elaina.

• Tammy Strobel February 6, 2018, 5:14 am

You’re welcome, and thank you! Elaina is doing pretty good. I’ll share another update on her health soon. I’m happy to have extra time with my girl. xoxo.

• Donna February 6, 2018, 9:04 am

I really enjoy your photos. So sorry to hear about your kitty.

• Lee February 6, 2018, 11:48 am

Really lovely shots Tammy. Im loving the flowers but am in awe at how you get the precious furry ones to sit in the shot. You must be lightening fast or they are brilliantly patient/trained?

• Tammy Strobel February 6, 2018, 12:09 pm

Thank you Lee! My cats are older (almost 14 & 15), and are somewhat trained to love the camera. 😉 Elaina is more apt to pose. Christie is harder to capture; 80% of the time she’s a blur! I strive to be patient so that I get decent shots. xoxo.

• Lisa Freeman February 7, 2018, 5:33 am

I don’t comment often but I have looked forward to and loved your posts since 2012. Much love to you and Elaina.
    X’s Lisa