To celebrate my 39th birthday, I made a list of 40 things I want to do before I turn 40 years old on November 6, 2018. I want to end my thirties with a bang, and continue to learn, grow, and experiment along the way!
You can read my list below (it’s in no particular order). Also, I’ll blog about my adventures this year, so stay tuned for essays and photographs!
1. More adventures with Logan (local and abroad)
2. Learn French (continue weekly lessons)
3. Attend the Creative Writing Workshop at The Paris Writing Academy in July 2018. Friends, this is happening! I was accepted, and I paid my tuition!
4. Connect, grow and learn about writing at the Academy
5. When in Paris, walk, walk and walk.
6. Try all the things in Paris (see the sights, eat bread, cheese, chocolate, drink coffee & more)
7. Hang out with Katie in Paris & the Alps
8. A sunset picnic in Paris (find a bench with a view)
9. Travel on a high-speed train
11. Stop tracking unnecessary data
12. Go to CrossFit 4-5 days a week (continue to build strength, learn about the movements, and have fun)
13. Get a damn pull-up
14. More push-ups in a row
15. String double-unders together
16. More toes-to-bar in a row
17. Sell the tiny house
18. Go through personal belongings
19. Make time for friends who live locally (more coffee dates, dinners, hikes, etc.)
20. Visit Dee
21. Vist Priti
22. Visit Majean
23. Visit Shanna
24. Visit Courtney
25. Visit Cait
26. Visit Aubs
27. Visit friends who I forgot to include on my list
28. Do something special for my mom
29. Take photos with my Nikon D5000
30. What’s next for my daily photography series?
31. Learn about intuitive eating
32. Buy a small bookshelf
33. Take frequent social media sabbaticals
34. Consolidate online communication channels
35. Be a better friend (write weekly letters, send care-packages, listen more & talk less)
36. Get a professional headshot for my website
37. Create a new photography & writing course
38. Write for Flow Magazine
39. Grow my base of patrons
40. Stay in my lane (e.g., stop worrying about things that are outside my sphere of control)