Last weekend made my heart happy because it was filled with everyday adventures. Below are a few highlights and photos:
- On Friday night, Logan and I had a slumber party at the tiny house. We were stoked to be in the house because we missed it. But we don’t miss it enough to move back into the space full-time. We love our little apartment in town.
- While we were at the tiny house, we took down the jungle (see the photos below). Well, Logan took down the jungle with my in-law’s brush mower. The grass was up to Logan’s waist! We also did other odds and ends around the house. Our tiny house is tiny, but it still needs love and care. In between all of this, my favorite dog managed to crawl through a relatively small irrigation pipe (how is that possible?), then she rolled in poo and rubbed the poo on me while doing her best lip curl Elvis impression (she’s got that nailed.)
- On Sunday, a staff writer from The Asahi Shimbun GLOBE—one of Japan’s largest newspapers—interviewed me for an article about American minimalists. After the interview, I gave him a tour of our small apartment and the tiny house. I’m honored that he interviewed me, and I’m continually amazed by how the Internet brings people together. I’ll let y’all know when the story is posted.
- Finally, we ate all the food last weekend. The food party started on Friday at my father-in-law’s 70th birthday dinner. The following evening, we made a steak dinner for my mother-in-law, and we closed off Mother’s Day weekend with a giant dinner at a local restaurant. The family was out in full force (there were roughly 17 of us at dinner). My mom joined the fun, too.
I hope you had a lovely weekend! Enjoy the photos, friends.
If you’re reading this via email or in a feed reader, visit RowdyKittens.com to view my photo gallery.
Before you go:
- If you purchased Everyday Adventures, THANK YOU! Also, I have a favor to ask. Would you consider rating my journal on Amazon? Readers rely heavily on reviews before purchasing a new product, so the more reviews, the better!