A Month of Tiny Pleasures

Whenever I feel anxious about my personal life—or world events—I focus on taking care of my body and mind because when I’m healthy, I’m a better friend, wife, worker, and community member. One of my favorite ways to practice self-care is by savoring tiny pleasures.

During February, I’ll be savoring a tiny pleasure every day. In addition, I’ll be documenting tiny pleasures with my camera. I invite you to join me.

A Month of Tiny Pleasures by Tammy Strobel

Here’s how the daily photography challenge works:

• Take a photo every day.
  • Use the prompts above as a guide.
  • Let’s gather together and share our photos on Instagram. To share your images with the group, use the #TinyPleasures2017 hashtag.

Other notes:

• There are no rules.
  • You don’t need a special camera to document your tiny pleasures.
  • Sharing your photos online isn’t a requirement.
  • This photography challenge is an invitation to practice gratitude and self-care by savoring tiny pleasures.

Let’s make February a fantastic month!

With gratitude,

I share a weekly essay and a monthly roundup of 10 happy links on RowdyKittens.com.

When you subscribe to my blog, you’ll receive a free PDF copy of my latest book—Morning View: An iPhone Photography Project about Gratitude, Grief, and Good Coffee.

If you’d like to receive emails from me, please sign up here.

Thank you!

• Ginger January 24, 2017, 3:26 pm

Love this!! Thank you for your always inspiring work! Can’t wait to start

• Tammy Strobel January 24, 2017, 5:15 pm

Thanks Ginger! I’m looking forward to the project, too. xoxo.

• Sandra January 24, 2017, 10:06 pm

What a lovely list of inspiring prompts! I don’t go on Instagram, but I will keep them in mind for my postings on Flickr and my own blog!

• Tammy Strobel January 25, 2017, 7:38 am

Right on! Thanks for participating Sandra.

• Alernest January 25, 2017, 5:15 am

This is very cool! I follow your Blog and Instagram and I love them. I will join the challenge ! It is definitely something we all should strive for … To find pleasure in small or simple things in life. Thanks!!

• Tammy Strobel January 25, 2017, 7:38 am

Thanks for following me. I’m happy you are going to join. Make it a great week!

• Jen Farrant January 25, 2017, 6:04 am

this sounds great, I’ve been looking for a febrary photo challenge – thanks for providing one!

• Tammy Strobel January 25, 2017, 7:41 am

You’re welcome! Make it a great week, Jen. xoxo.

• Mopsa January 25, 2017, 6:26 am

Such a great idea, Tammy! I’ve just started a year of monthly experiments and doing something like this in the last month (December) would be a great way to reward myself 😉 So good!

• Tammy Strobel January 25, 2017, 7:39 am

YAY! A year of monthly experiments sounds like a lot of fun. xoxo.

• Daikuro @ SimplicityBlogger.com January 26, 2017, 8:59 pm

Wow. Downloaded this. It reminds us how beautiful life is without the pressure of consumerism.

• Lyle Robinson January 28, 2017, 9:16 am

Great idea Tammy. Count me in 🙂

Lyle

• helene January 31, 2017, 9:23 am

I read your essay on Politics,Silence, and Speaking your Mind…. your story is so interesting. I think It’s impossible not to mention politics in our online interactions since every minute of every day there’s a new, shocking development that effects each of us either directly or indirectly….I voted for Hillary Clinton but was very scared that Trump might win…since he did win, it’s been what I feared, more of the same hate that we were coping with before the election. So yes, we need to speak up & be involved and at the same time, nurture our creativity and the beauty in our lives; like appreciating your February Photography Challenge So thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and your great idea of photographing a Month of Tiny Pleasures…

• Tammy Strobel January 31, 2017, 12:07 pm

Thank you for the kind comment, Helene.

I’ve been anxious and scared, too. Calling my representatives, donating money to organizations I support, and voicing my concerns has helped a lot.

I’m looking forward to the February photography challenge. It will be a positive way to move through the month. Sending you hugs. 🙂

• Anne January 31, 2017, 4:16 pm

Thank you for your political statement today. I just wrote to my state senators and congressman, two of whom I did not vote for. But I asked them to represent me.

Thank you for being the spark.

• Tammy Strobel January 31, 2017, 4:18 pm

Thank you for reading my words Anne. And thank you for speaking out! Well done. 🙂

• Ellen February 2, 2017, 7:13 am

as al(l)ways I love the way you walk thru life, dear Tammy!
    I adore your long breath and evolution of your Self AND YES
    your inspirational flair.

So happy to be p.ART of what you are bringing to the world.

and yes, I´ll join with you your #TinyPleasure2017 movement.

THANKS and see you in this virtual universe and who knows
    some day some where …

Ellen loves your light

• Davina February 7, 2017, 12:27 pm

Hi Tammy,
    I would like to join in on this, but I’m having a hard time sharing my pic to your group. Im fairly new to Instagram so I really don’t know the ins and outs. Can you please help when you get a chance.
    Thanks, Davina