Scenes from a Birthday Weekend

My handsome husband—Logan—turned 38 years old on Sunday, April 3rd. We celebrated Logan’s birthday weekend with a long walk at Lake Siskiyou, good food, wine, and hugs. I’m grateful that Logan is my life partner because he’s a good listener, kind, and an amazing human.

Plus, I’m grateful that my back continues to heal. The past week was my best yet! Being able to go for long walks without so much pain is a gift.

Wishing you all a gratitude filled week. Enjoy the photos!

If you’re reading this via email or in a feed reader, visit RowdyKittens.com to view my photo gallery.

• irene April 3, 2016, 1:15 pm

Dear Tammy,
    Thank you for your delightful blog.. which I’ve followed for a few years. I have had Sacroiliac and other
    lower back issues and tried almost everything known to Western Man/woman in the Boulder, CO area. Many modalities and practitioners have helped. (I have learned that for me, my injuries were an avenue to explore deeper inner growth and healing which often precedes physical healing). I feel called to tell you about something that I recently tried and am getting subtle but helpful response from.. Zero Balancing. You can google their website for more info. Here’s a link of Calif. practitioners.. there dis one in Mount Shasta if that is near you. The one I see near Boulder is also a teacher of the technique w/ many years experience. It is profoundly relaxing and works at the skeletal/energetic level. I wish you continued healing! Irene http://www.zerobalancing.com/about/practitioners_results/CA

• Tammy Strobel April 3, 2016, 2:08 pm

Thank you for sharing, Irene! I’ll check out the resource you mentioned. Also, thank you for following my work! xo.

• Barry April 3, 2016, 2:03 pm

First of all, such wonder photos. Thank you for continuing to share with us your artistry in both writing and photographs, Tammy. Secondly, a big Happy Birthday to Logan. 🙂

• Tammy Strobel April 3, 2016, 2:07 pm

Thanks Barry!!! I appreciate your kind words. 🙂 I’ll pass on your b-day wishes to Logan.

• Becky April 3, 2016, 6:58 pm

Hi Tammy! happy bday wishes to Logan! and so glad to hear you are feeling better. as always, beautiful photos.

• Joy April 5, 2016, 9:07 am

Always a joy to see your photos, my phone definitely does not take such shots! Just wanted to say how i helpful your entries have been, so far this year i’ve bought a couple of books you recommended, linked into some great journalling sites and now started Love April, which i think you are contributing to. Get stuff, i never seem to find such treasures on my own but you have a knack for hunting out the magic. Thanks! And happy birthday to Logan too.

• Tammy Strobel April 5, 2016, 9:23 am

Thanks Joy!!!! Your comment made my day. And yes, I am contributing to April Love. I was so honored Susannah asked me to participate! Sending you big hugs. xo.

• Gary April 6, 2016, 8:01 pm

I miss Logan’s articles on Smalltopia. He is an excellent writer and very good thinker. He has had his sabbatical. Write, Logan. Write.

• Tammy Strobel April 7, 2016, 7:05 am

I miss Logan’s articles, too. He is writing, though. Just not for the web. He works full-time at a non-profit and is also teaching at a local community college. Blogging isn’t on his priority list (at least not right now). 🙂