A Year in Photos: The 2015 Edition

IMG_9904

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.
When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”
-Ansel Adams

If you celebrate Christmas, I hope it’s filled with good food, a warm and cozy home, and interesting conversations. I’m taking a blogging break over the holiday, so I won’t share essays or photos on RowdyKittens.com until the New Year. I will share my daily photo and other images on Instagram, though. If you’re interested in seeing my images and reading my mini blog posts, follow along over here.

Also, I’ll be sending an essay to my Little Letter subscribers at the end of the month. It’s about my 2015 intentions and what I’ll be working on in 2016. You can subscribe to my Little Letter here.

And last but not least, I spent hours scrolling through my photo library last week because I wanted to share my favorite photos from 2015 with you. I’ve taken thousands of photos this year, so choosing my favorite images was a challenge. Despite the challenge, it was a joy to look through my photographs and reflect on the tiny, beautiful moments that encompassed 2015.

Thanks for visiting my corner of the web this year. I love sharing my creative work with you. Best wishes, happy holidays, and I hope you enjoy my year in photos!

With gratitude,

With gratitude,

P. S. Looking for a holiday gift? Check out my Everyday Adventures 2016 wall calendar and planner.

If you’re looking for additional gift ideas—or non-gift ideas—read my recent Happy Links round up.

Everyday Adventures

• Jill December 21, 2015, 10:53 am

I love your photo roundup. It’s a wonderful way to capture a year!

• Priti December 21, 2015, 11:55 am

OMG, love love love the recap of your 2015 photos! This has just renewed my interest in my daily photography practice 🙂

• Priti December 21, 2015, 11:55 am

I especially love the one of Elaina trying to do sit ups to reach the coffee cup!! 🙂

• Linda December 21, 2015, 3:01 pm

Great pics, Tammy!!
    I love the one of your kitty hanging out with its pawws dangling on the ladder! So cute!!

• Anne-Marie December 21, 2015, 5:47 pm

Such wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Holidays to you and Logan.

• Tammy Strobel December 22, 2015, 9:53 am

Thanks Anne-Marie! Wishing you a lovely holiday, too. xo.

• Lauren December 21, 2015, 9:48 pm

Your photography is astoundingly beautiful. I just want to stare at it all day.

• Tammy Strobel December 22, 2015, 9:52 am

Thank you SO much, Lauren. 🙂

• Martina December 22, 2015, 12:26 am

You are an inspiration to live more intentional. This lovely photo roundup did it for me again: despite all grief, losses, difficulties in life, there is beauty and at least something small to be thankful about. Every day.
    Wishing you a relaxing blog break with lots of time for everything you love doing – and the occasional cup of outstanding coffee! Best for the New Year to you and Logan!

• Tammy Strobel December 22, 2015, 9:52 am

Thanks Martina! 🙂 Wishing you a happy New Year.

• Macala Wright January 1, 2016, 6:16 am

Happy New Year Tammy:

I found your site last night. I’m in the process of most likely following the path you have! Spending 2016 researching and preparing for it. I’ll be a regular creeper/reader 🙂 Thank you for this amazing web presence.

What photo gallery feature do you use. I LOVE This one!

• Tammy Strobel January 2, 2016, 2:54 pm

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the web, Macala! Good luck on your upcoming life changes. I use Envira Gallery to display my photos. More here: http://enviragallery.com/

Best,

• Chris January 2, 2016, 9:25 am

Beautiful round-up of photos Tammy, makes me a touch sad I didn’t make it to the Eastern Sierras but at the same time gives me something to look forward to next trip. The photo that made me smile the most was with the cat sitting in the chair looking at the book on the table. Have a Happy New Year 🙂

• Tammy Strobel January 2, 2016, 2:56 pm