Happy Links: Savor the Summertime

IMG_0073

{At the end of each week, I share a round-up of happy links because these resources have inspired me to make positive changes in my life. I hope they motivate and inspire you, too! Enjoy.}

My friend Courtney released a new program called Savor the Summertime! It’s a 21-day email program that offers members daily inspiration to slow down and soak up the joy of summertime. It also provides a private Facebook group, and at the end of the class, members receive a PDF booklet that includes all of the course content.

Also, members can invite a friend at no additional charge. The course is $21 and starts on July 27, 2015. Read the course description and register here.

Now, onto this week’s happy links …

I’ve been sharing additional photos and mini blog posts on Instagram. Follow along over here.

Great advice: “The Benefits of Practice + Creating a Diverse Body of Work with Fine Artist.”

I needed to read this article: “6 Things to Know About How to Get Out of Funk Town.”

8 ways to improve yourself.

The Wayfinding Academy is a cool project! Check it out.

Adjusting to your prosperity. (And how I stopped my habit of “getting by”.)

Beautiful sketches and photos via @mysquiggles.

This article was hilarious: “Dear People Who Live in Fancy Tiny Houses.” As a side note, tiny house living isn’t all “peaches and cream.” I’ve tried to be honest about the benefits and challenges of living in my tiny house. It’s not a perfect solution and I won’t live in my little house forever. I’d encourage you to be wary of tiny house hype. Also, read the responses to “Dear People Who Live in Fancy Tiny Houses” over here.

• Denise Compton July 17, 2015, 7:39 am

Tammy, thanks for the Dear Tiny House people link…absolutely hilarious and questions that I’ve had myself. I literally had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks. You’ve always been very upfront about the pros and cons of living in a tiny house.

• Tammy Strobel July 17, 2015, 7:57 am

I’m HAPPY you enjoyed the article. I laughed so hard when I read the piece. I loved reading the responses to the article as well. Have an awesome weekend!

• Laurie July 20, 2015, 9:24 am

Hi Tammy! That “Dear People Who Live in Fancy Tiny Houses” article was brilliant…I found myself laughing and shaking my head more than once, because a few years ago I was one of those people dreaming of living in a tiny house and having way too many romantic notions about it 😉 Luckily, I sold my 1400 sq ft 3-bedroom house and did some experiments in living space before plunging in head first with a tiny house. One by one, my romantic notions went up in smoke! I discovered that I could get on just fine with a minimal kitchen…hot plate, dorm fridge, a couple of cabinets, minimal dishes, pans, and utensils. But by golly, I gotta have running water. And a toilet that flushes. And although a shower is great, I am a bath tub girl and I’m just not very happy living in a home without a tub. And although I love my cats very, very much, I can’t sleep with them in the room, so I need a bedroom with a door that closes. I found my perfect compromise in a 500 sq ft, 1-bedroom apartment with a balcony big enough for a tiny succulent garden. It’s simple, it’s small, it’s much less stress and aggravation than that 3-bedroom house I used to have. I love it! I continue to enjoy all those fancy tiny house articles, but I sure am glad I did my homework before I made my move! 😀

• Tammy Strobel July 20, 2015, 6:20 pm

Well done, Laurie!!! I loved reading your story. It made me smile. I’m happy you enjoyed the piece as much as I did. 🙂

• Katie July 20, 2015, 12:34 pm

HAHAHA that Dear Tiny House People article made me giggle! I would have fallen off my chair laughing, had I space for one in my tiny home! So true all of it (apart from thinking I made a terrible mistake!) 🙂 Looking forward to checking out more of Lauren’s writing, it’s ace.

Also, the Wayfinding Academy is AMAZING! <3

• Nathan Atkinson July 21, 2015, 1:00 pm

Thanks for the great links! Always some great recommendations.