Scenes from the Weekend: Jacksonville, OR & Beyond

IMG_9965

IMG_9973

IMG_9989

IMG_9904 border

IMG_0005

For more photo fun . .

• I’ve been sharing additional photos and mini blog posts on Instagram. Follow along over here.

Note: I took these photos with my iPhone 6 Plus.

• jen July 14, 2015, 7:20 am

boy those are some knockout photos there!! thank you for the eye candy! i so want to get to oregon one of these years.

• Jill July 14, 2015, 7:26 am

What gorgeous photos! That double-rainbow is spectacular. I also love the downtown shot – something about the fellow looking up at the beautiful blue sky. I imagine he is thinking, “Sigh! What a great day!”

• Paula C July 14, 2015, 7:32 am

SO lovely that I have to comment. Your e-mail is always a bright moment in my day but these photos took my breath away. Thank you for sharing!

• Sharle kinnear July 14, 2015, 7:54 am

What great photos! Love Jacksonville! Lived in Medford briefly years ago and in Portland for five years recently. Beautiful and picturesque country…..

• Gail July 14, 2015, 8:31 am

Friday night, while working a cat adoption event, I saw a double rainbow arched from pot-o-gold to pot-o- gold. God is so good to grace us with beauty.
    Tammy your rainbow photo is terrific-double rainbow gorgeous and you even caught its reflection in the pond.

• Anne-Marie July 14, 2015, 8:57 am

Jacksonville is such a cute town. I have been there only once for lunch with a friend but really enjoyed the houses and scenery.
    Wow, that’s a gorgeous double rainbow and the flowers are really pretty.
    Congratulations to your wedding anniversary!

• Sandra Pawula, Always Well Within July 14, 2015, 12:11 pm

How interesting! It looks like another world. Beautiful too. I love double rainbows.

• Brett July 14, 2015, 1:35 pm

Wow, some of your best shots ever! Did you make it to the Britt festival?

• Tammy Strobel July 14, 2015, 1:42 pm

Thank you! We didn’t make it to the festival. We’ll go on our next trip, though.

• Neens Bea July 15, 2015, 4:06 am

Stunning photos, Tammy! I especially love the wide-angle ones. I have an iPhone 6 Plus myself (I got it after reading about it on your blog, I hadn’t even heard of it until then. That’s what happens when you don’t have a TV, haha!), but I don’t know how to take photos like that – are you using the Panorama setting, or have you invested in a new OlloClip? I’ve just added one to my wishlist, but as I’m so impatient (and so fond of taking pictures) I might just treat myself next payday! 😉

• Tammy Strobel July 15, 2015, 7:56 am

Hi Neens,

Thank you! I’m using the panorama setting to capture the wide angle shots. 🙂 I don’t have an OlloClip for the iPhone 6 Plus.

Best,

• Neens Bea July 16, 2015, 1:27 am

Hi Tammy, thank you for replying! Your shots look amazing, so I will have to tinker about with the Panorama setting myself and see what I can come up with! 😀

• Lanette mumford July 15, 2015, 4:16 pm

Loving these pictures. Just gorgeous.

• Martina July 16, 2015, 1:01 am

It’s just incredible what beauty you see – because you are open to find it and willing to leave home and the various screens that distract us. The rainbows and the butterfly are awesome. And I love the pretty aged house and the oldfashioned car – like a scene from a novel…
    Happy wedding anniversary!!

• Priti July 16, 2015, 8:27 pm

Absolutely beautiful shots!!! Some great ones I would love to see in your next book 😉 especially the one of thr barn and the double rainbow…had a little flutter of happiness when I saw that one! Thanks for sharing, and happy anniversary!