The Adventure Log

IMG_7400

A few weeks ago, I discovered a small notebook call the The Adventure Log, and I immediately purchased a set. I kept one notebook for myself and gave the other two away.

The notebook is 48 pages and it’s 3.5″ x 5.5″, which makes it a perfect pocket-sized notebook. Recently, I went on a hike, and I kept the notebook in my vest pocket and took it out frequently to jot down notes on the trail.

I was drawn to the notebook because I’ve been thinking about the importance of cultivating adventures in my daily life. I love my daily rituals, but I don’t want to get stuck in a rigid routine either. If I don’t seek out adventures in my daily life, my writing, photography, and overall creativity stagnates.

IMG_7051

My intention is to fill my adventure log by the end of summer. I want to be outside more to take photos and to enjoy the weather, especially during May and early June.

I’ll share my adventures here, via my Little Letter, and on social media. Logging my adventuring and sharing them online is how I hold myself accountable. If I don’t plan adventures or write about them, they don’t happen.

With gratitude,

P. S. You can purchase The Adventure Log from Word or Bradley Mountain

• Neens Bea May 19, 2015, 7:03 am

What a great idea! I’ve been feeling the same need to get out and about, but it hadn’t occurred to me to bring a notebook along. I sometimes make notes on my iPhone, but that get’s a little annoying and very ‘keywordy’. I’ll pop a notebook in my handbag right away! Thanks for the tip!

• Sandra Pawula May 19, 2015, 10:41 am

I want to spend more time outside this summer too, Tammy. I’m glad you found this cute this notebook to help you implement the process.

• Suzi Ragsdale May 19, 2015, 12:20 pm

I bought a Travelers Notebook after seeing yours and investigating a bit more on the internet. I really like it. I like putting things on paper. It’s been my most successful way of journaling. I have the regular size notebook but sometimes it’s too big. I’m looking in to using the passport size next year. The Adventure Log looks about the same size as the Midori passport.

• Liz Rotundo May 19, 2015, 7:17 pm

I recently discovered The Adventure Log notebooks. I love them! I’m using one to log all of my 46-high peak hikes in the Adirondacks in New York state. The notebook is the perfect size.

• Nancy May 20, 2015, 6:14 pm

I recently received a traveler’s notebook as a birthday present from Kikki.K and I’m so excited to use it and log all of my own adventures around the world. I’m excited to read about your adventures too.

• Kelly May 21, 2015, 6:10 pm

Oooo I love this – can you purchase these online?

• Tammy Strobel May 22, 2015, 7:56 am

Yes. Please see my note at the bottom of the post. 😉

• Spence May 24, 2015, 9:54 am

This is great and reminds me of the book The Artist’s Way, by Julia Cameron. I have fallen off the wagon lately, but try to draw every day events and keep up with my “morning pages” to stay present. Thanks for your blog. We live in a tiny house as well! Cheers.

• Shannon May 26, 2015, 8:24 am

Thank you for this Tammy. I am going to order a set for sure. Just as you said, without intentionally creating an adventure, our lives can enter a routine that stagnates. I am going to get this and give 1 to my husband and we will fill them up, beginning this summer.

• Ken May 28, 2015, 10:15 am

Hi Tammy,
    Will I automatically receive your Little Letter or do I need to subscribe separately?
    Thanks,
    Ken
    P.S. My order is in for Adventure Logs!

• Tammy Strobel May 29, 2015, 5:53 am

Hey Ken – are you already an email subscriber for blog posts? If yes, check your subscription preferences. You’ll need to check the box indicating you want to receive my little letter. I hope that helps. If not, send me an email – [email protected]

I’m happy the adventure logs are heading your way!

Best,

• Jo Soos May 29, 2015, 8:27 am

Life has always been a grand adventure! The earliest I can remember is when I took a bus (with one transfer) from the suburbs to downtown Little Rock, AR in 1955, to purchase two goldfish from the Woolworths store on the corner of third and Main. I chose my fish carefully____they had to be hardy, as we had the long trip back home. We made it! I never wrote that adventure down, but I’ve never forgotten it either. Having recently turned sixty-five, I’m trying to fit in at least TWO adventures a day! I don’t want to miss anything___and I’ve been writing every day for years and years. I’m so going to look for this lovely Adventure Journal that you have written about! You do inspire me every day! Thanks!