A Photo Essay: 70 Degrees & Sunny

Last weekend, we went to Chico, CA, to visit my brother-in-law and my niece and nephew. I didn’t get to see my sister-in-law, Tina, because she was helping her friend Meghan. We missed Tina, but we had a lot of fun!

Tyler, my brother-in-law, took us to Upper Bidwell Park for an afternoon hike with the kids. The day was too warm for January; it was 70 degrees and sunny! I want to see rain fall from the sky because the dry weather isn’t going to ease the California drought.

As we hiked through the park, I took photos with my Nikon D5000 and iPhone. I forgot how much I love my big camera. I adore taking photos everyday because the activity reminds me to notice tiny, beautiful moments and to practice gratitude. Shopping for clothes, gadgets, and shoes aren’t appealing to me; I’d rather be outside hiking, taking photos, and enjoying time with my loved ones.

Enjoy today’s photo round-up.

DSC_0015

DSC_0002

IMG_3003

IMG_3014

IMG_3029

IMG_3032

DSC_0020

IMG_3036

IMG_3044

IMG_3050

IMG_3042

IMG_3053

P. S.  The lovely Meghan, from Getting the Words Wrong, is home from the hospital and is recovering from surgery. A few weeks ago, she asked me to write a guest article for her blog. Check out my article and explore Meghan’s website.

Also, my photography course begins on March 2. I hope you’ll join us for the upcoming session. Read the course description by clicking here.

Everyday Magic 2015 logo

• Roman Rogner February 3, 2015, 2:04 pm

Nice pictures, Tammy, thank you!

• Mrs. Frugalwoods February 4, 2015, 4:14 am

Gorgeous photos! Wow! We were in CA two weeks ago visiting my family and the weather was such a welcome reprieve from the currently snow-covered tundra of Boston :). I completely agree with you on preferring to be out hiking vs. in a store shopping. Not even a contest!

• Meg @ Adventures in Verdance February 4, 2015, 5:40 am

Love all the photos — they make me intensely lust for spring. Only a month or so!

Thanks for sharing!

• Amber February 4, 2015, 4:56 pm

Beautiful photos! Great motivation for me to blow the dust off of my big camera and get outside. Thanks. 🙂

• Barbara Techel February 4, 2015, 5:43 pm

in photo #8 and #12 it looks like an orb on the right hand side of the photos. Very intriguing!

• Anne-Marie February 5, 2015, 12:35 pm

Great pictures. At least there is some green despite the drought.
    Last night was intense here in Weed with the wind. I had a hard time sleeping. And it poured this morning. Hopefully the storms they forecast for this weekend will ease the drought just a bit.
    But they say California need 11 trillion gallons of water to help the drought. That’s a lot of water!