Happy Links: From The Good Life to Gratitude

Sunset

{Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy!}

Over the last three weeks, I gave myself permission to work less, blog less, and do less. Instead, I practiced self-care and I’m finally feeling better. I can even drink coffee again, which makes me happy!

Battling my cold/bronchitis/virus invasion was epic. I’m rarely sick and the experience caused me to renew my commitment to self-care. I’m grateful to have my energy back and I’m looking forward to sharing my creative work with you this year. Life is good!

Now onto this week’s happy links …

If you enjoy podcasts, check out “The Good Life Project.” Jonathan Fields’s recent interview with Terri Cole was powerful and inspiring.

My friend Tyler is an awesome writer! I loved his latest article, “The Busywork Curve: A Lesson On Mindfulness From My Washing Machine.”

Self-compassion Saturday: the e-book!

A fantastic essay on taking a break from the Internet: “A social sabbatical.”

On letting kids read what they enjoy. So good!

The Case for Boredom: All that time on your smartphone may come at a cost.

In reading “The Miracle Morning” and loving it!

Dee is focusing on gratitude this year, too!

What are you reading? Share your recommendations in the comments section.

• Sandra Pawula January 15, 2015, 5:07 pm

I’m so glad you took the time you need to recuperate and are feeling better now! Wishing you a great 2015!

• Kristy January 15, 2015, 9:23 pm

Read The Miracle Morning last spring and have been practicing it ever since. Changed my life – so good! Right now I’m reading Money, Master the Game and It Starts with Food.

• Tammy Strobel January 16, 2015, 8:07 am

I loved reading “Money: Master the Game!” It was so helpful. I’ll check out “It Starts with Food.” Thanks for the tips!

• Byronious January 16, 2015, 9:58 am

It’s great to read about your recovery from less than a high level of health.

I recently crossed paths with a the Invisible Office Hours Podcast by Paul Jarvis and Jason Zook. The episode titles ‘Woodshedding – This week we chat about woodshedding, micro-learning, and how social media has corrupted our ability to focus and hone our skills ‘ very much resonated with my current struggles.

I am also following and reading about ” A Course in Miracles’ I planning on taking this course asap.

Tammy, I’m grateful that I serendipitously stumbled onto your Coach Radio interview a few years ago. http://www.coachradio.tv/118-coach-radio-downsize-build-a-biz-tammy-strobel-your-story

akaTGIF

• beachmama January 16, 2015, 3:05 pm

Good to hear you’re feeling better and taking time for yourself.

I just finished ‘Composed’ by Roseanne Cash and ‘Tracker’ by Tom Brown Jr. Cash’s book is a memoir that gives great insight into the songwriter/performer’s life. Brown’s book was recommended to me by a professional tracker. It’s not a guide to tracking but more of a memoir. I don’t know that this book would appeal to anyone not fascinated by tracks but I enjoyed it.

I have Tony’s book, ‘Money: Master the Game!’ but haven’t started into it yet. I’ve read great reviews.

• Heather January 16, 2015, 5:26 pm

I’m re-reading “Me Talk Pretty One Day.” David Sedaris is just the very best. (I got that awful flu/cold that’s going around as well, and I still can’t drink my beloved coffee. I’m living vicariously through your coffee art photos on Instagram!)

• Tammy Strobel January 17, 2015, 8:52 am

Feel better soon, Heather! It seems like everyone is getting sick. Boo!

• Bette January 17, 2015, 6:56 am

I’m re-reading Tell the Wolves I’m Home, which is just as good the second time around — it’s an amazing and creative novel. Love!