Happy Links: From Big Magic to Cat Magic

Little Shasta Valley; sunrise

{Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy!}

I can’t wait to read Elizabeth Gilbert’s new book, “Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear!” I pre-ordered a copy earlier this week. Also, I loved this interview with Gilbert.

I usually read non-fiction, but this week I’m devouring “The Book of Life” by Deborah Harkness. Last year, I read “A Discovery of Witches” and “Shadow of Night” and enjoyed both!

Investing money is an option, but if you want a better return, invest with your heart and soul.”

YES to this: “Simplify Your Life with The Capsule Kitchen Challenge.”

This recipe and photos make my mouth water.

On social media sabbaticals. So good!

New Tech City is an insightful podcast. The latest episode was enlightening, “9 Things We Learned About Phones From a Teenager.”

Valuable advice from Sas, “How to start.”

Undisputed cat magic.

What are you reading? Share your recommendations in the comments section.

• Natalie January 23, 2015, 8:35 am

I just read Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero. Awesome teen book! Every teen in America should read it. I am also reading the latest issue of UTNE Reader and it’s great too. Have a great weekend Tammy!

• Juliane January 23, 2015, 8:52 am

Oooh, Big Magic looks incredible!! Cannot wait till that comes out!

I’m currently reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott and the description for Big Magic sounds like they’re very similar. Yet Big Magic seems like it will be more wonder driven than Bird by Bird, which is totally fine by me!

I loved the interview with Gilbert as well, thanks for the link! She is fabulously inspirational. I hadn’t watched her Ted Talk, so that was fun.

• Anu January 23, 2015, 9:21 am

I just finished reading “The Art of Asking” by Amanda Palmer and I absolutely loved it!

• donna January 23, 2015, 10:21 am

I am also a fan of non-fiction books. I think it stems from ever pursuing self improvement and DIY projects! That being said, I was thrilled when one of my few fav fiction authors, Jan Karon, added another book in The At Home in Mitford Series! an awesome under the Christmas tree offering from my husband. I read just the first few chapters so far as I want the story to last :). The story is simple yet the characters complex. I simply LOVE how the key characters’ life truly began at 60 years of age…an adopted son, a new neighbor become wife, adventures in Ireland and beyond yet most of this tale takes place in small towns! A great read.
    LOVE your place on the web. I don’t think I ever left a visit uninspired in some way.
    Enjoy the day!

• Sandra Pawula January 23, 2015, 12:11 pm

Thanks, Tammy! I’m going to take a short mini-break soon, including social. Can’t wait!

• Sas January 23, 2015, 2:47 pm

*buys skateboard for furs*
    magic!

• Gatto January 24, 2015, 12:14 am

I just read your book, “My Morning View.” I’m feeling immense pain from losing my cat. I had to send him on his way to the Rainbow Bridge a few days ago. I came across your book on Amazon. I’ve been using photography to express my grief. It helps quite a bit. Thank you.

• Mandy January 27, 2015, 11:16 am

I’m currently reading Stuffocation by James Wallman. It’s a fascinating book! You even make an appearance Tammy!