Happy Links: From Flowers to a Free Download

Flower magic

{Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy!}

I ordered flowers for family members in Manhattan this week. The folks at Scott’s Flowers, in NYC, were friendly and helpful!

Meet the Shanti Hat! And speaking of hats, I’m excited to participate in a charity hat project. Details here.

Currently, I’m reading “Thrive” and it’s excellent! I’m inspired by the stories, research, and the how-to tips included in the book. I highly recommend checking it out.

This video is a good reminder to be present in your daily life. Don’t forget to look up.

Good tips for developing a healthier body image can be found here.

This article was helpful and scary. It reminded me to change my passwords, again. If you need help decluttering your digital world, read this post.

How to become a writer.

I’ve been meditating every day since January. The practice has helped me in many ways and I highly recommend giving meditation a try. If you are new to meditation, read Sandra’s latest article.

The Kindle version of “My Morning View” will be available for free on Saturday, May 10th and Sunday, May 11th! If you have time, and are inclined, please leave a book review on amazon.com and share this post with your friends.

Update: Amazon is no longer offering the Kindle version of my book for free. I’m not sure why though. To make up for this, you can download the PDF copy for freeSorry about the trouble! Happy Mother’s Day!

Thank you for reading RowdyKittens! I appreciate you.

• mvn May 9, 2014, 10:23 am

Poignant……….that’s what the video is………..I am due to upgrade from my flip phone to an i phone tomorrow, so as I do, I will keep in mind that the phone is a tool, not a substitute for face to face communication. Thanks Tammy

• Tammy Strobel May 9, 2014, 1:05 pm

@mvn – Indeed! “Look up” is a fantastic video. Enjoy your new iPhone!

Best,

• Merry May 9, 2014, 11:00 am

Great book! I wasn’t able to purchase it before, and thanks to you, I now could see your great work! 🙂 I left a review on Amazon for ya, too!

• Tammy Strobel May 9, 2014, 1:03 pm

Thanks Merry! I appreciate that.

Hugs,

• Sandra Pawula May 9, 2014, 12:49 pm

Love this image. I would like to grow beautiful flowers like this in my garden, but right now just taking care of the fruit orchard takes all my spare time. That’s a good reminder about passwords too. Thanks for sharing my article on meditation. I feel so honored these amazing women were so willing to share their experience and insights.

• Tammy Strobel May 9, 2014, 1:02 pm

Thanks Sandra! I snapped that photo at Scott Valley Feed (it’s a local garden/feed store); their plants and flowers are so beautiful.

I loved your article on meditation. I’ll have to write something on the topic soon. The practice has helped me in so many ways.

Hugs,

• Sabine May 9, 2014, 11:17 pm

Thanks for sharing. The video “look up” got me emotional. I’m not a big user of social media, but still too much. And this video reminded me of that. So thank you 🙂

• Amber May 10, 2014, 10:29 pm

Tammy,
    Thanks for sharing all of this. That video is spot on. Love it- can’t wait to share it.
    There are going to be some haters on this one, but the point is real and the truth hurts.
    We can all become guilty of it because it’s so easy to do. My favorite part is the way he talks about parents raising kids -who don’t know any different-… Scary-but true. If we don’t unplug, all of us will someday be alone- it’s real relationships which make the world go round…and keep people together.

• Donna Walstrom May 11, 2014, 5:17 am

Good morning,
    I do not see where the digital copy is available for free.

• Tammy Strobel May 11, 2014, 7:07 am

Hi Donna,

It looks like amazon changed the price point. I’m not sure why though. In the interim, you can download the PDF copy for free by clicking here.

Sorry about the trouble!

Best,

• Lois Middleton May 14, 2014, 8:50 pm

Great bunch of links, Tammy! Thrive is one of my all-time favorite little books… awesome, isn’t it? Thanks for the download of your book, too. You rock!

• Tammy Strobel May 15, 2014, 8:38 am

It is an awesome book! I’m going to read it again. 🙂