A Photo Essay: A Tiny House Camp Out

Last week, on Thursday, our friends Dee Williams and Joan Grimm drove from Portland, Oregon to the ranch with a cute little house in tow. They were driving to Oakland for a tiny house weekend workshop and the ranch was the perfect stopover point. On their trip back home, they stayed with us again and it was lovely! We ate a delicious meal together, drank a few beers, and enjoyed the scenery.

Below, I included a selection of my favorite photos from the tiny house camp out. Sadly, I didn’t take interior shots of the little house. I focused on chatting with Dee and Joan, and playing with Oly (Dee’s cute puppy).

Enjoy!

IMG_2354

DSC_0010

DSC_0021

IMG_2712

DSC_0029

DSC_0063

IMG_2656

IMG_2704

IMG_2731

IMG_2473

• Debby Shockley May 19, 2014, 5:24 pm

What fun you must have had Tammy with Dee and Joan. It’s wonderful for her to see your beautiful mountains and land. (Sometimes Dee looks like your mother to me 🙂 So glad you had such a wonderful visit and you shared with us.

• Teri Clifton May 19, 2014, 7:28 pm

Love it and you are all opening eyes to a whole new, beautiful way of living. I am doing my research and dreaming tiny. I am “double-dog-dared”! Thanks, grateful. Teri

• Anne-Marie May 19, 2014, 9:09 pm

There is something about tiny houses and the mountain – they seem to go very well together. 🙂
    What a great camp out you had.
    Your house almost looks big compared to Dee’s. Or am I imagining that?

• Tammy Strobel May 20, 2014, 9:22 am

You aren’t imagining that, Anne-Marie. Dee’s vardo is very tiny. It’s only 53 square-feet. It’s more like a tiny office.

• Korinda May 20, 2014, 12:43 am

Very inspirational, dreaming of a life like this. Freedom!

• Katie May 20, 2014, 9:51 am

Those two tiny houses look SO CUTE under the trees! X

• Kayla Dawn Thomas May 20, 2014, 10:15 am

How fun for you guys! Love these pictures. Gives a whole new meaning to camping. This is much more my style!

• nadia breton May 20, 2014, 10:59 am

Your pics always make me dream about diving into downsizing myself……
    For a year now i’ve been following you and your big tiny adventure in downsizing and living a simpler life and you and the all tiny advocates community is inspiring me on a daily basis….
    For sure this is something I’d really like too and I’ve already started decluttering and downsizing myself but far far so far from all of you guys, but I’m sure that one day and may be close day I will be improving tiny living myself.

Dee and you are very inspiring and I LOVE both of you tiny houses. Wish I could attend a PAD tiny houses workshop someday

• nadia breton May 20, 2014, 11:01 am

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures with us.
    Nadia

• Sandra Pawula May 20, 2014, 2:03 pm

The cats seem to love the tiny houses! What a paradise you live in. I’m so happy for your good fortune.

• Adventurers Await May 20, 2014, 6:30 pm

We saw Dee’s talk at Village Books in Bellingham, WA. The time flew by as her talk was engaging and she is funny.
    The whole tiny house movement got us going. We are now under contract to sell our house (yipppeee), have donated, downsized, sold and given away a lot (with a little more to go) and purchased a used small toy hauler trailer which reminds us of tiny houses. It has a bathroom in front, then small kitchen set up and the rest is open but the ceilings are high (approx 10.5 ft). The bed comes down from the ceiling when needed. It is a tiny house ala manufactured! We can’t wait to start the adventure. Your site and Jay’s and Dee opened our eyes wide. So thank you.
    Capt Adventure 🙂