A Photo Essay: Lake Tahoe

Last week, I drove to South Lake Tahoe with my mom for an extended weekend. I almost didn’t go on the trip because of work projects. I was afraid I wouldn’t get anything done. So, I made a commitment to myself. I decided to work in the early morning and while my mom skied down the slopes. I finished my work projects and had the opportunity to visit friends and family. I also spent hours walking and taking photographs of the lake. It was a magical trip and I’m grateful that I was able to spend time with my mom.

I had a hard time deciding what photographs to share with you. I hope you like the collection. Have a great week!

IMG_9460

IMG_9346

IMG_9251

Big trees, tiny bench

IMG_9333

Mama Cat

IMG_9337

IMG_9358

IMG_9370

IMG_9395

Hello Mr. Bird

IMG_9455

IMG_9220

Note: The photographs in this post were taken with my iPhone 5s. Also, check out my photos on Instagram

• Anne-Marie March 10, 2014, 10:38 pm

Interesting that the lake looks so full with the drought that we are having. Had it rained and snowed a lot lately?
    I have only been to Lake Tahoe once and didn’t spend that much time outdoors so it is nice to see these pictures.

• Tammy Strobel March 11, 2014, 8:03 am

There is so much to explore in the Lake Tahoe area. I highly recommend going back. 🙂

The lake is actually very low because of the drought. The lake look fuller than it actually is because it’s so big. Also, it has come up slightly. It rained recently and the lake came up about five inches.

• lucent imagery March 10, 2014, 11:05 pm

I have Tahoe on my list of places to go. I love your photo essays! What a wonderful motivation to get work done and spend that quality time in a beautiful location – I guess it even ignited more fire for the work with this outside the window?! I’m currently posting my photos from Iceland and can definitely relate to the hard task of picking the ones to publish!

• Delicia March 11, 2014, 2:46 am

Stunning spot and I loved your photos on Instagram and here! It sounds like you had a lovely time and balanced work and play beautifully. I really like the perspective of the photo of your mom. Mom and daughter time is such a special gift! Hugs

• Ron March 11, 2014, 9:56 am

Looking at these awesome pics is like taking a mini-vacation! Thank you.

• Kathy March 11, 2014, 10:04 am

Inspiring photos of the this beautiful country at Lake Tahoe. My husband and I were married here and haven’t returned in over ten years. Sounds like this would be the time to revisit the area when the snow has melted. I need to soak in the beauty and find the serenity and peace found in the beauty of God’s creation.

• Teri Clifton March 11, 2014, 1:10 pm

The sky in Tahoe is constantly offering up pure magic and you captured that perfectly. Love following your simple journeys. They are inspirational.

• danielle March 12, 2014, 7:51 am

Gorgeous! Makes me want to go!

• James March 12, 2014, 6:01 pm

Great pictures. My family has land out in Lake Tahoe, and its one of our favorite summer spots!

• Jessie {Creating Happy} March 17, 2014, 8:20 am

Beautiful photos. I’ve never been to that part of California. It looks breathtaking!

• Christina March 18, 2014, 4:21 pm

I’m right down the hill. I’m sorry I missed you!