A Photo Essay: Portland Love

On Tuesday at 12.35 a.m., Logan picked me up at the Amtrak station in Dunsmuir. I spent a long weekend in Portland visiting friends. I feel loved and grateful to have so many kind, thoughtful, and awesome friends in the Pacific Northwest. My heart is full and I’m happy. I know that is a cheesy statement, but it’s true. There is nothing better than spending time with friends, drinking coffee, eating good food, and taking lots of photographs.

Enjoy the pictures from my weekend trip!

IMG_7732

IMG_7639

IMG_7666

Forest park

IMG_7712

IMG_7780

IMG_7718

IMG_7803

IMG_7721

IMG_7782

IMG_7825

P.S. All the images above were taken with my iPhone 5s.

• Christine January 28, 2014, 6:58 pm

Beautiful collection of photos that showcases both the urban and natural aspects of Portland. I was there 7 years ago and these photos make me yearn to see that city again. Thanks for sharing your photos on such a regular basis, and showing readers a glimpse of your experiences and the places you’ve been!

• Sandra Pawula January 28, 2014, 8:55 pm

I’m so happy you had this heart-warming trip. And, what lovely images!

• Rebecca January 29, 2014, 7:57 am

Aww now you have gone and done it. Makes me want to go visit Portland even though I am on the east coast. I hope it is a bit warmer than it has been lately east. Makes me want to drink more coffee or cocoa. Thanks for the awesome pictures.

• Miriam January 29, 2014, 9:40 am

These photos are incredible! You took them with your iphone?? Wow!
    I just recently discovered you and I’m so intrigued by your lifestyle. Can’t wait to find out more!

• Tammy Strobel January 29, 2014, 11:56 am

Miriam, I took all of these shots with my iPhone 5s. It’s such a wonderful little camera. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it. 🙂

• Nancy Thompson January 29, 2014, 9:56 am

Wonderful photos Tammy. I took your wonderful Everyday Magic class last January and it changed my photo taking. I look at these stunning images taken with your iphone 5s and wonder why I seem to have such a challenge taking great photos with my iphone (4). Is it the apps? Or just that the photographer needs more practice? Anyway, you’ve inspired me once again!

• Tammy Strobel January 29, 2014, 11:54 am

Nancy – It’s so good to hear from you! 🙂 I’m happy you enjoyed “Everyday Magic.” I love teaching that course. Keep practicing!

Also, I wrote this post recently. Maybe it will help?

Big hugs,

• Sharle Kinnear January 29, 2014, 10:01 am

Portland – City of Texture and Mood, not Roses, this time of year . . . we were there this last weekend, too! You have a great eye for the unusual, Tammy . . . <3

• Natalie January 29, 2014, 10:15 am

Beautiful! 🙂

• Jo Huskey Chanin January 29, 2014, 10:26 am

Love your pics.

• varuni January 30, 2014, 5:22 am

Hi tammy,
    Your photos are simply breathtaking. I look forward to seeing your photos every week .

• Rob January 30, 2014, 5:12 pm

3 years…retirement (semi)…Portland…first stop…might be the last.

• Anne-Marie January 30, 2014, 6:13 pm

Wow, what a mix of wonderful pics from Portland.
    I love all the green they have. Even in the winter.
    What a wonderful trip you had.

• Christina February 11, 2014, 10:07 am

I’m heading up to Portland for Pioneer Nation in March and your photos confirm why it’s one of my favorite cities.