Three Fun Things & Tiny Pleasures

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been busy with writing and photography projects as well as teaching. Today, I wanted to share three fun things with you:

1. My photography e-course, Everyday Magic: How to Capture Creative Images with Your Camera, is open for registration! I made a few changes to the class. Now you can go at your own pace and learn when and where you want. For additional details, read the course description.

2. I love Flow Magazine’s October photography project, tiny pleasures. Everyday, I write down a list of tiny pleasures in my journal and capture them with my camera too. It’s been so much fun! Will you join us?

3. I decided to start a big writing project and I’m SO excited about this new adventure. Once I narrow down the project details, I will tell you about it.

And last but not least, enjoy today’s photo essay. The images highlight the tiny pleasures I experienced last week:

A stunning sunset

Fall leaves in Ashland, OR

Watching the sunrise with Christie

Reading, writing, and brunch with Logan

A photowalk in Little Shasta Valley

What projects are you working on? Share your fun news in the comments section . . .

• Mandy October 7, 2013, 9:44 am

Hi Tammy! Really looking forward to your new writing project. I’ve recently purchased ‘Smalltopia’ and ‘You Can Buy Happiness (and it’s cheap)’ and both really brightened up some long train journeys I was on. Your blog and FB posts are always inspiring – thanks!

• Tammy Strobel October 7, 2013, 9:47 am

Thanks for your support Mandy! I appreciate it. 🙂

• Roman Rogner October 7, 2013, 1:01 pm

Great pictures again!!! Thanks!!!

• Mary October 7, 2013, 2:44 pm

Hi Tammy, have you ever thought about making your photos into postcards? They are so lovely. I’d totally buy them 🙂

• Tammy Strobel October 7, 2013, 5:27 pm

Hi Mary – That is a great idea! I will think about it. Thanks for reading. 🙂

• Mama Minou October 7, 2013, 7:21 pm

I am excited about a sketching project! Once a day, for a month, I do a sketch of anything. The hard part is to suspend all judgement of my abilities or product and enjoy the process of learning to see and record in a new way. I do hope to see technical progress…but mostly it is a wonderful record of what I’m looking at this October.

• Barbara October 8, 2013, 9:35 am

Thank you for sharing your unique images! Wow … I really look forward to seeing RowdyKittens in my email. Excited to hear about your big project update. My project is moving back North at the edge of the wilderness, which I’m doing next week … beautiful wild country. I’ve been living in suburbia for the last 5 months due to a medical interlude in my life and much thanks for the beautiful images you capture that have helped keep me going. Now that I’m feeling better and going back home, time to break out the camera again and sign up for your ecourse … that looks awesome! Blessings. 🙂

• Tammy Strobel October 9, 2013, 10:52 am

Barbara – Good luck with your move. And, I’m HAPPY you are feeling better. Take care of yourself. 🙂

• Kathy October 8, 2013, 10:12 am

Wonderful photos of the landscape that surrounds your “tiny house.” I also feel that your challenge of viewing the “tiny pleasures” that I encounter each day is a great writing exercise. It also reinforces that attitude of being mindful of what encompasses my daily life. There is so much that the Lord has blessed me with and I need to have an attitude of joy and thankfulness.

• Amanda October 8, 2013, 10:54 am

Tammy, that first image is just amazing, I love it! Thank you for sharing!

• Tammy Strobel October 9, 2013, 10:51 am

Thanks for stopping by Amanda. 🙂

• Katie October 8, 2013, 11:54 am

WOOPEEEE Tammy, what beautiful photographs and what fun plans you have! I have a few tricks brewing up my sleeve – I am working on:
    * a make-your-own Hoop-la Scarf kit
    * Icelandic wool knitted mitts
    * a creative iPhone photography course
    and perhaps a big writing project tooo……..working on finding more time to do all these things! 🙂
    Katie. X

• Tammy Strobel October 9, 2013, 10:51 am

Katie – Your projects sound so FUN! I’m excited for you. xo.

• Tallulah P October 8, 2013, 2:01 pm

A friend Jo and I are doing 31 days of change for October, a small change everyday, a mini challenge to our daily routines. We are in England so American Pancakes are a big deal to us! See the changes here: http://31daysinoctober.tumblr.com/

• Tammy Strobel October 9, 2013, 10:50 am

Super fun! I’m heading over to your site now. 🙂

• Zeynin October 9, 2013, 5:18 am

Tammy, your images are the highlight to my flipbook feed. Thank you for showing me the beauty of life everyday.

• Tammy Strobel October 9, 2013, 10:50 am

Right on Zeynin! That makes me happy. 🙂

• Heather October 9, 2013, 10:08 am

I like your fifth photo, it has a look of Wales to it. Still working on my photography. Have a great day.

→ Next post: