A Photo Essay: Castle Lake & Beyond

Castle Lake, taken with Nikon1

on the way to Lake Siskiyou, take with Nikon

Lake Siskiyou, taken with iPhone

Lake Siskiyou leaves, taken with my Nikon

Lake Siskiyou, taken with my Nikon

For more photo fun . .

Note: The images above where taken with my Nikon D5000, using a 50mm lens, and iPhone 5S at Castle Lake and Lake Siskiyou.

• Patricia Ann Chaffee October 21, 2013, 10:39 am

What a gorgeous place you live! Thanks for sharing….

• Tammy Strobel October 21, 2013, 11:35 am

Patricia – I’m grateful to live here. There is so much to see and so many photos to snap! 🙂

• Mac October 21, 2013, 10:49 am

Absolutely gorgeous. These images evoke so much feeling and truly transport you right there. Thank you for sharing this beauty!

• Tammy Strobel October 21, 2013, 11:34 am

Thanks Mac! I’m glad you liked the photos. It was a wonderful day!

• Marla October 21, 2013, 11:01 am

Beautiful. Makes me want to go there…

• Tammy Strobel October 21, 2013, 11:36 am

Come and visit Maria. Siskiyou County is beautiful. Have a great day!

• Sharle Kinnear October 21, 2013, 11:08 am

Hi Tammy! Is this near Castle Crags? Lovely fall color photos! We drove thru Montague last month on our way north, and the tea shop was closed. But I got some great pics of the area – especially Shasta with it’s first real snow of the year. You live in a gorgeous place – I love the openness of the countryside. We took a back road from Montague to Yreka, a road I didn’t know existed. Lovely . . . and many thanks for all your beautiful, soulful photos.

• Tammy Strobel October 21, 2013, 11:33 am

@Sharie – I was outside Mt. Shasta when I took these photos. Castle Crags is roughly an hour south of Mt. Shasta; so it’s sort of close. 🙂

I’m sorry the tea shop was closed! It’s such a sweet place. And, I’m glad you took the back road from Montague to Yreka. It’s a nice route!

Thanks for reading my blog!

• Mandy October 21, 2013, 11:09 am

These are just beautiful – we went ‘wow’ as each one came up on the PC! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful part of the world, truly stunning pictures 🙂

• Tammy Strobel October 21, 2013, 11:33 am

Thank you Mandy!!! Your comment made me smile big! Hugs.

• Anne-Marie October 21, 2013, 12:52 pm

Isn’t it a really pretty area around Caste Lake. I have been there a few times.
    It looks very shallow though right now. I guess the drought isn’t making it any deeper.
    Heard recently that the National Forest Service has closed the area for overnight camping. You used to be able to spend the night there. They are closing a lot of roads in this area. Just wrote about that on my blog.

• Tammy Strobel October 21, 2013, 2:09 pm

@Anne-Marie – Castle Lake is gorgeous and so is Lake Siskiyou. There were numerous signs, at Castle Lake, that said camping isn’t allowed. It’s a shame that so many areas are closing.

• Barbara Techel October 21, 2013, 2:54 pm

Stunning! Stunning! Stunning! Thanks for making my eyes so happy.

• Barbara October 21, 2013, 4:49 pm

The “layering” is incredible … looks 3-D! I just want to keep staring. What a beautiful world … you really captured it.

• Karen October 22, 2013, 6:02 am

Really makes me want to be there with a nice cup of coffee and a good book. Wow.

• Ann October 22, 2013, 2:51 pm

Wow – those pictures are stunning. I would love to stroll around there. Can’t believe how turquoise the water seems, and what a lovely capture contrasting with the beautiful, yellow leaves. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.