A Photo Essay: Moving to Little Shasta

Preparing the house

My packing assistant

Elaina is ready to go

A somewhat new parking spot

Celebration

A happy cat

My morning view

If you are interested in reading additional articles about our tiny house moving adventures, check out these essays:

• Anne-Marie September 8, 2013, 10:18 pm

I haven’t had a chance to follow your blog for several weeks as I had to go back to Sweden to take care of my mom’s apartment – she passed away in July.
    Now I see that you are back in my “neighborhood.” 🙂 Welcome back even if it meant another move. When I went to Sweden I took the Greyhound bus to get to Sacramento and passed through Chico. It was surprisingly lush compared to many other parts of northern California.
    Glad that you feel okay with the move and you never know what Spirit will bring you.

• Tammy Strobel September 9, 2013, 8:00 am

Hi Anne-Marie – Thanks for the note! I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing okay.

Logan and I feel really good about the move. I’m grateful to be well again and back in Siskiyou County. Coincidentally, we moved from Portland to the ranch at the same time last year. I think the universe is trying to tell us something.

Hugs,
      Tammy.

• Ann September 9, 2013, 2:29 am

I’ve been following your blog for a long time and almost feel like you’re part of my familiy by now.
    We have a tiny cottage that we live in for some months every year, but in our climate it is not feasible in the winter. Interesting to see that the problems that you experienced during your illness match our own. Illness is an inescapable part of being alive, unfortunately. I believe that tiny living will only be a possibility for the young and healthy unless we can learn from our experiences.
    Most of all I’m really glad that you are well again, and that you have the energy and flexibility to move back to the ranch. I really hope this will be a good winter for you, and that Logan will find an appropriate job.

• pattie September 9, 2013, 4:00 am

Lovely photos, enjoy the ride. You will look back over these years and all the worry will wash away. It is a wonderful ride.
    Love your photos and your blog.

• Kathryn September 9, 2013, 6:05 am

Hey Tammy! I am so glad that you and Logan made it back safely! I think that this place if you can make it work out is really beautiful! Its such a shame that a person can’t live in any type of dwelling they want to. I don’t understand why all the rules about size and so on. But I am sure you guys can work it out! I had a couple of questions? Do you wear jewelry? I love jewelry and I have had a really hard time trying to decide how to minimize my collection do you have any advice on that? Also what are your thoughts on the amount of clothes like how many outfits you really need? I live in SC so there are rarely temp extremes. Any suggestions on that? thanks for your great blog! I am also glad that your back is so much better! Please write me back if you have time! My email is [email protected]. Love Kathryn

• Sharle Kinnear September 9, 2013, 9:46 am

Hi Tammy! Glad to see all your beautiful photos (you have a wonderful eye!) and to hear that you made it back North without any problems. Funny, isn’t it, how the universe keeps telling us things about our direction in life! Hope you continue to heal and prosper in one of the most stunning and magical corners of California . . . No end to photographic possibilities up there, for sure! Namaste . . .

P.S. Awhile back you featured pics of a very sweet tea shop . . . was that in Montague? We’ll be traveling through later this month, and I’d like to stop by it if the timing is right . . . Thanks!

• Tammy Strobel September 9, 2013, 3:45 pm

Thanks Sharle! It’s good to be back home. I didn’t realize how much I missed the ranch until we came back.

And yes, there is a sweet little tea shop in Montague. Click here to read my prior write-up. Give them a call before you come through town. They had limited hours before we moved down south and I don’t know if they are still open.

• Sharle Kinnear September 9, 2013, 6:18 pm

Thanks, Tammy – I appreciate your response!

• Kristin Noelle September 9, 2013, 11:12 am

Beautiful pictures, Tammy. Sending love and blessings as you resettle.

• Michele September 9, 2013, 3:10 pm

I really like this photography and the more I see of it the more I look forward to taking the online photography class!

• Keeley September 11, 2013, 8:06 am

What beautiful pictures! I love your sweet kitty and the picture of the mountain in the glass. I hope you’ll be very very happy in Little Shasta. May the beauty of the surroundings renew your spirit.