I injured my back five weeks ago and I’m finally starting to feel like a human again. I can walk, sit, and ride my bike short distances without piercing pain. I’m incredibly grateful that I’m on the mend. Staying off my laptop, taking lots of photos for The August Break, doing gentle physical therapy, and reading have been central parts of my self-care plan.
Today, I decided to share the list of books I read during my convalescence. If you are looking for a good read, check out the books below.
- Janapar: Love, on a Bike
- Move without Pain
- Orange is the New Black
- Mennonite in a Little Black Dress
- The Dog Lived (and So Will I)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- First Grave on the Right
- Second Grave on the Left
- Third Grave Dead Ahead
- Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
- Fifth Grave Past the Light
- Samantha Moon: First Four Novels
What are you reading this summer? Share your recommendations in the comments section.