Everyday Magic: 11 Days in Chico

{Every week, I run a photography series called “Everyday Magic.” Enjoy!}

I’m working on an essay about our move to Chico and what we’ve been up to since we towed the tiny house down the road, so stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy today’s photo round-up!

a new friend

coffee love

nose in my cup

Summer food

something cold

summer flowers

Where's Elaina?

P.S. For more photo fun, check out my images on Instagram and Flickr.

• Maria Northcutt July 11, 2013, 10:27 am

Magic indeed 🙂

• becky July 11, 2013, 11:23 am

Tammy, i sense such a breath of life and joy in your posts lately.Great photos all asusual but puzzled about the critter(s) in the first one. Cat? dog? Rabbit?

• Tammy Strobel July 11, 2013, 11:30 am

Thank you Becky!

The critter in the first photo is a bunny. Her face reminds me of a little dog. 🙂

• Rebecca July 11, 2013, 11:34 am

Great photos and am glad you cleared up the first photo I thought it was a rabbit but, hard to tell. Love the last picture of your cat in grass she looks like she is trying to hide or at least be in stealth mode lol.

• Sarah July 11, 2013, 1:26 pm

I can’t wait to hear about the bunny!

• Mitchell July 11, 2013, 1:51 pm

Looks like it was a great day! Thanks for sharing the “tiny” beauty.

-Mitchell

• Piggywhistles July 11, 2013, 7:46 pm

Great photos. Can’t wait to read your essay. You have such an interesting life. Thanks for sharing it.

• Sarah July 12, 2013, 8:33 am

“Piggywhistles” expressed my thoughts exactly. Thank you so much for brightening up my day with your posts.

• mon July 18, 2013, 9:17 am

Ah, I miss Chico. We still visit once in a while to take our kiddos swimming or hang out at the fountains downtown… but its changed. Or maybe I have.
    Hubby and I lived there during college, moved away, spent the next 5 years trying to get back there, and had to settle for Redding, lol. I miss living in the creek and shady Bidwell trails during the summer, along with the lovely humidity from all the TREEEES. =) I miss hearing the bugs – I think they’re cicadas – that sing in waves as you walk down the Esplanade or drive/ride around the shady parts of town. I miss going to Upper park during the summer thunderstorms where you can see the lightning striking the hills off in the distance. Great, now Im homesick. =p Hope you like it.

• Elisa Pinheiro July 21, 2013, 1:48 am

Hi Tammy!
    Just wanted to say I love the new look of your Flickr account. I’m glad you still take the time to keep it updated. I’ve never been to the USA but it sure looks beautiful from your albums’ perspective! So thanks for making me “travel” for free! 🙂