My Morning View: An iPhone Photography Project

my morning view

my morning view 2

Today, I recorded an audio blog about My Morning View, a photography series I’ve been shooting since the new year.

Below are the topics I discussed in the audio segment:

• Since the new year, I’ve been posting a photo of my morning view with my coffee cup in the picture.
  • I talked about my photo-taking process with the iPhone.
  • Share your morning view photos on Instagram! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #mymorningview.

• Nicholette June 10, 2013, 7:48 pm

Hey Tammy!

I love what you are doing with your “tiny” lifestyle. You are an inspiration to me! Thank you for the recommendation of the VSCOcam app. I have been searching for a good iPhone camera option. I’ve been practicing with it as we gear up to start our own tiny house build this summer in St. Johns, Portland, OR. Do you know of any photo border apps that mimic traditional film borders?

• Alicia June 11, 2013, 5:58 am

I love your animal photos, Tammy. You capture their personalities, especially Henry (bottom right) and the porch cat (what is her name?).

• Tammy Strobel June 11, 2013, 8:10 am

Christie is the brown kitten and Elaina is the grey kitten. 🙂

• Joanna June 11, 2013, 11:10 pm

Tammy, your photos are like a breath of fresh air. They make people feel so good! (in this case I am the “people”). I just finished your book. Your story is amazing. I started talking with my friends about it and I see that not everybody is ready to smartsizing. Nothing wrong with this of course. I just wonder how the idea of simplifying appeals to some people and to others acquiring things is still more attractive. Thank you for sharing your story, your photos and your real life. Joanna

• Joanna June 11, 2013, 11:12 pm

correction: “ready for smartsizing”

• Angela June 12, 2013, 4:56 am

I loved your audio message (: I think it’s amazing how a tiny house kinda forces you to enjoy the outdoors! I realized a few weekends ago I hadn’t been outside for the entire weekend, and that’s never healthy!

Your blog is apart of my morning routine, enjoy it so much