Thirty-five

My husband, best friend, and partner in all things tiny, turned thirty-five years old today. It’s hard to believe we’ve been together for twelve years! In my book, I talked about how we met at The Madison Bear Garden; a bar in Chico, CA. I still can’t believe I found my soulmate in a pub. And I can’t believe we got married, simplified our lives and moved into a tiny house, together. I’m grateful that Logan is part of my life.

Happy birthday Logan! I love you big!

Micro-action: Show your love and do something to make your partner’s day brighter. Here are a few ideas:

• Say I love you.
  • Write love notes and leave them in unexpected places.
  • Hug and snuggle.
  • Surprise your partner with a home cooked meal.
  • Make coffee or tea in the morning.
  • Plan a date night.
  • Go for a walk or bike ride together.

What would you add to the list? Share your tips in the comments section.

• Wendy April 3, 2013, 1:43 pm

My fiance has a sweet tooth and so I make his favorite cookies. Since he is a chef, he has to work on Valentines Day, so we do a reverse Valentines Day and I make dinner and have it ready for him when he comes home that night.

Happy Birthday Logan.

• Sophia April 3, 2013, 2:38 pm

Happy Birthday to Logan!

• Joan Smith Freeman April 3, 2013, 2:42 pm

Happy, happy birthday to my firstborn son! We wish you an enjoyable, delightful day doing just what you want to do! I am so proud of the wonderful man to have grown up to be! Love you with all my heart, Mom.

• Janet April 3, 2013, 3:05 pm

I envy the relationship the two of you share! BTW–where did you find that adorable mug shown with Logan as he drives along?!

• Tammy Strobel April 4, 2013, 4:22 pm

Janet – The mug belonged to my dad. It was made by Hallmark in 1985; they aren’t sold anymore.

• Janet April 4, 2013, 5:25 pm

Oh, what a precious, simple treasure!

• Kristie April 3, 2013, 3:54 pm

I sometimes give Husband a scalp massage or shoulder rub and don’t ask for any in return. This, for me, is pretty selfless. It takes a tremendous amount of willpower to ask for an equal (or greater) amount of massage to be reciprocated.

• Chelsea Gale April 3, 2013, 3:57 pm

Happy Birthday, Logan!!

• Jeannie April 3, 2013, 4:36 pm

Happy birthday to Logan! I’m happy to read your tips – they are great and try because in my own partnership, those small gestures are loved the most!!

• Sheila April 3, 2013, 9:29 pm

Sweet notes, sweet couple. Happy Birthday Logan!

• Sandra Pawula April 4, 2013, 12:03 am

This is such a fabulous list of ways to express our love to our partner. Making time to connect is one way I express my love. My husband says, “I’m so happy you are here.” And that makes my day.

• Delicia April 4, 2013, 1:43 am

Happy birthday to Logan and I hope you are both having a magic day together!

• Cynthia April 4, 2013, 6:43 am

Belated Happy Birthday Logan! I hope you had a wonderful day 🙂

• Melinda April 4, 2013, 7:04 am

Might be worth sharing with Logan!
    Happy 35!

• Tammy Strobel April 4, 2013, 4:21 pm

Melinda – Thanks for sharing the video! It was awesome and inspiring. 🙂

• Melinda April 4, 2013, 11:40 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! I stumbled across it and immediately fell in love. It is very inspiring indeed!

• Aime Lopez April 4, 2013, 9:05 am

Happy Birthday Loganator!!! 😉

My Husband birthday is on May 10th. so here in Mexico is Mother’s day, so I have to ask for a free day at my job that day, then I can spend a some time with my Mom and the rest of the day with my Hubby, most of the time he likes watch movies and snuggle with the cats in our sofa.. so he is happy like that!… so I will do some Oreo chesse Cake (he’s a chocolate junkie) and I think we will have a good time.. 🙂

Love & Harmony!

Aime.

• Joy @ Joyfully Green April 4, 2013, 10:08 am

I met my husband in a bar, too, but it was a birthday party for a mutual friend, so we tell most people that we met at a birthday party! 😉 Adding to your date night idea, my husband and I recently had a themed date night–Indian food at an amazing new restaurant, followed by seeing Life of Pi at the theater–so much fun!

• L.McG.-E. April 4, 2013, 10:13 am

Happy birthday Logan. Have big fun on your special day.

• Linda April 4, 2013, 11:25 am

Happy Birthday Logan! It is such a joy to have a partner that is comforting and warm. My kind and gentle husband is the best thing that ever happened to me. We met and married when I was 57 and we have been together for 6 precious years. We tell each other “I love you” at least 5 times a day. We hug often. And smile always.

• Barbara Techel April 5, 2013, 8:01 am

Happy Birthday, Logan!

My hubby and I have date night every week. It is usually going somewhere out to eat. But it is more than that. It is our night we have really great discussions- catch up on what each of us are working on- encourage each other- laugh alot and truly listen deeply to each other. Not that we don’t do this every day, as our life together is pretty fun– but this night each week has become extra special to us.

I remember years ago a man came up to us and commented on how he could tell we really loved each other. We were sitting at the bar having an adult beverage. He told us to look around the bar as most couples were just sitting there, staring straight ahead and no conversation. He commented on how we faced each other and were very engaged in each other.

I’ll never forget that.

Hugs,
    Barbara

• K. Parker April 6, 2013, 7:06 pm

My grandmother used to tell me to never go to bed angry. It’s sage advice that has worked for many generations of our family!! lol Happy Birthday Logan!!!