Everyday Magic: Adventures in Siskiyou County

{Every week, I run a photography series called “Everyday Magic.” Enjoy!}

Today, I recorded an audio blog about my recent adventures in Siskiyou County. Listen in here:

In the audio, I mentioned:

• Also, I forgot to say that we had lunch at the Etna Brewery. The food and beer was yummy!
  • And last but not least, below is today’s photo round-up.

P.S. My writing class is filling up quickly. I hope you’ll join us for the spring session! Click here for the details.

• DarrenKeith April 25, 2013, 4:42 am

Were the photos taken with your iPhone? Very beautiful photos.

• Tammy Strobel April 25, 2013, 7:22 am

A few we’re taken with my iPhone and a few with my Nikon D5000. Thanks!

• Laurie April 25, 2013, 6:41 am

That top photo made me smile and went straight to my heart. Such beautiful open space, and so green. 🙂

• Katie April 25, 2013, 10:06 am

Love the shot with the cow 🙂

• beachmama April 25, 2013, 11:15 am

The Siskiyou fork of the Smith River is one of my favorite places . . . that was one of the places we camped and hiked on our honeymoon (first marriage). I can’t wait to visit and explore further with my husband (second marriage) and son. Love hearing your thoughts and discoveries about the area Tammy. And LOVE the Cycle Siskiyou site! Biking is what might get my teenage son to go ; )

• Tammy Strobel April 25, 2013, 3:38 pm

Super cool! Thanks for sharing. xo.

• Betsy April 25, 2013, 12:35 pm

Great photos! I absolutely LOVE Northern California <3

• Ikuko April 25, 2013, 4:37 pm

I’ve been to Shasta once in 2008. I was amazed with the nature, air… time goes totally different from busy east coast, and I was relaxed. My favorite place that I visited there is Panther Meadows.
    I really love the second photo!

BTW – I just finished reading your book “You Can Buy Happiness (and It’s Cheap)” last night, and returning it to the local library tomorrow. Lots of info as well as the stuff that I can start to try/implement right away. I’m also glad that you are open to write about your weakness (is that the right word?) in this book. I’m from totally different background, but I could relate certain things… as much as I look forward to certain changes (big & small), I tend to freak out & worry easily. Now I’m a bit comfortable letting go things (materialistic & feelings) thank you.

• Tammy Strobel April 25, 2013, 5:30 pm

Ikuko – Panther Meadows is beautiful! Logan and I hiked through that meadow about five years ago. I want to go back. 🙂

I’m thrilled you read my book and enjoyed it. I have LOTS of weakness; we all do. For me, it’s important to write about those things because I feel less alone.

Thanks again for reading!

Wishing you all the best,

• Louise Krupski April 28, 2013, 1:06 am

Hi Tammy, I’m just about to sign up to your writing course – very excited, but had to wait until I got my money for this month – you see I’m being very good about not extending further debt!

I gave you a mention in my first blog post as you have been part of a very inspirational journey I feel I am only just starting on, which is affecting every area of my life.

I love the personal nature of your blog posts – they have integrity. Thank you, Louise

• Tammy Strobel April 28, 2013, 6:56 pm

Louise – I’m thrilled to have you in the course! And yay for not getting into further debt. xo.

→ Next post: