Happy Links: From Magic to Letters

{Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy!}

I’m in love with Victoria’s new site! It’s pure magic.

Still Points North” was a fantatsic memoir.

I just purchased “The True Secret of Writing” and I’m enjoying the book!

30 days of biking.

On being a teacher.

35: An Ode to Joy and Life.

A huge congratulations goes to my friend Hari. Her new book, “Coming Home: Letters from a Tiny House,” is available on amazon! I loved every word.

If you like the image above, you can download the high res version for your desktop here.

What happy links did you read this week? Share your favorites in the comments section.

• Brittany April 5, 2013, 12:19 pm

“Still Points North” sounds like my life growing up in Alaska, as well! Thank you for recommending it. I look forward to checking it out!

• Pat April 5, 2013, 8:33 pm

Tammy, I’ve followed your blog for several years, and I always smile when you say that you love another person’s site. YOUR website does wonders for my soul! It’s minimal, peaceful, joyful, and intentional (life on purpose). The tiny house picture by Kristin Noelle makes my heart sing (wish you two would work it out to sell prints/posters of the tiny house drawing–I’d buy one in a flash!). Your photography focuses so beautifully on simple moments and subjects could easily be passed by without noticing, and your writing is meaningful and sincere. Although you post only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (usually), I still must come by at least once each day for my “fix.” So please know that while you love other sites, this old gal can’t find even one that compares to yours. Best wishes to you and Logan as you move your home and start the next part of your life’s journey.

• Tammy Strobel April 6, 2013, 7:09 am

Pat – Thank you so much for reading! You are so sweet. 🙂 If you need a daily fix, check out my Instagram feed. I post my iPhone photos there. Happy Saturday!!!

• Pat April 8, 2013, 10:45 am

Thank you for the instagram suggestion. I just spent the last hour and a half looking through your pictures. I can see a dramatic improvement in your photography over the period. Ahhh… another Rowdy Kittens fix…

• Pat April 5, 2013, 8:36 pm

Ugh… typo…Your photography focuses so beautifully on simple moments and subjects THAT could easily HAVE been passed by without noticing… they are all now important.

• Piggywhistles April 6, 2013, 12:12 am

Hi Tammy. Thanks for pointing to Victoria’s new site. It sounds great. Love your blog. Loved your book. Lindy (Australia)

• Mike April 6, 2013, 6:44 am

Tammy, “Good Prose” has been a good writing book as well.

• Kaylin Lydia April 6, 2013, 5:29 pm

I can not way to read that book! I may even download it to my kindle tonight. I am not Alaskan nor have divorced parents but feel like the book description perfectly described me – interesting! xoxo

• Wendy April 6, 2013, 5:45 pm

My happy links this week was readinng ‘My Paradise Lost’. It is about my hometown -Coco Solo(Canal Zone), (which does not exist anymore). It brought back so many great memories.

And finding this site.

I just finshed your book today, Excellant! I am sure I will be going back to it frequently as I start to downsize this year.

• Barbara Techel April 6, 2013, 6:29 pm

Thank you, thank you for sharing Natalie’s new book! I did not realize she had a new one. Love that lady and her writing. Just ordered the book!

Barbara

• Joy @ Joyfully Green April 7, 2013, 8:00 am

I think it’s so wonderful that you “share the love” by highlighting other people’s work–you’ve become one of my favorite new resources for finding great blogs to follow. Thanks, Tammy!

• Tammy Strobel April 7, 2013, 10:24 am

Right on! Thanks for reading.

• Kylie April 8, 2013, 1:09 pm

Oh, that is a *stunning* photo! I am so over-the-moon with delight about the spring flowers. This clip of Kid President and Obama made me really, really happy this past week: http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/awesome_of_the_day/2013/04/kid-president-meets-president-obama.html

→ Next post: