Happy Links: From Coffee to Nature

mr. simon

{Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy!}

On my nightstand: “The Coffee Manifesto,” “Letters to a Young Poet” and “The Power of Starting Something Stupid.”

21 tips to keep your shit together when you’re depressed. (via What’s Your Grief)

Type so hard you bruise the screen.

A lovely video by Kyeli: Are you an impostor?

A sweet clip of Theron & Maddie.

Capturing simplicity.

Love these photos! You can’t go wrong with babies.

How nature can help us heal from grief.

What are you reading this week? Share your recommendations in the comments section.

P.S. Registration for my writing class is open until Friday May 3rd. I hope you’ll join us for the spring session! Click here for the details.

• Cynthia April 26, 2013, 12:45 pm

Oh look, it’s saucy kitty 🙂
    “The Power of Starting Something Stupid” looks like a good read. I’m currently reading “A Train in Winter: An Extraordinary Story of Women, Friendship and Survival in World War Two” by Caroline Moorehead

• Wendy April 27, 2013, 9:01 am

Coffee and kitties are a great combination. Its my morning ritual. The kitty looks like my one-eyed Chester

• Rebecca April 27, 2013, 10:28 am

I am currently reading a 14 day book I checked out from the library titled Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn and trying to finish it as fast as possible. I am also reading the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and trying to finish it as well also from the library.

• Tammy Strobel April 27, 2013, 8:41 pm

Super fun! I loved reading “The Happiness Project.” It was so inspiring.

Cheers,

• swalia April 27, 2013, 11:32 am

I have just started reading ‘Manuscripts found in Accra’ by Paulo Coelho….

• Barbara Techel April 27, 2013, 12:57 pm

Such a sweet and lovely kitty picture. I just finished reading ” The Shy Writer Reborn” by C. Hope Clark. Highly recommend for all writers. Great info! Also finished reading Natalie Goldberg’s new book, “The True Secret of Writing. “. Loved everyone of her books, but this one I just could not get into.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep the great photos coming. I love them!

Barbara

• Tammy Strobel April 27, 2013, 8:39 pm

@Barbara – I’ll check out the “The Shy Writer Reborn!” It sounds lovely. Sorry to hear you couldn’t get into Goldberg’s book. I’ve been enjoying it so far. 🙂

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

xo,

• Angela April 27, 2013, 3:53 pm

You’ve made my month Tammy (: Thank You!

Your blog is such a source of inspiration for me! Really looking forward to signing up for your next writing class!

• Tammy Strobel April 27, 2013, 8:40 pm

Sending you hugs Angela! 🙂

• Jeff April 27, 2013, 6:52 pm

Tammy,

Thanks for sharing these great links. I just finished up “The Wild Trees” by Richard Preston. A great book on Coast Redwoods and those who study and climb up in their majestic canopies. Starting “Decade of the Wolf” tonight…

• Tammy Strobel April 27, 2013, 8:40 pm

Jeff – Both sound like interesting reads. I’ll add them to my list. 🙂

• Kaylin Lydia April 29, 2013, 2:41 pm

Wow! What great links – especially the one about depression! I also love the post about nature and healing grief – I love so many things about city living but I have found that (to my great surprise) living within a rural area has brought me to a deeper place of understanding and healing within myself. Also, have you read the book “Wild”? It is one of my top favorite reads and I feel like you may enjoy it as well. Best of luck on your upcoming move!

• Tammy Strobel April 29, 2013, 3:09 pm

Kaylin – I LOVED “Wild!” It’s one of my favorite books. I was thinking of reading it again. 🙂

• beachmama May 1, 2013, 4:33 pm

Love these little gift links you give out Tammy!

Would like to see the link send us to another page and keep your page front and center ; )

→ Next post: