Everyday Magic: iPhone Photography Tips & Tools

{Every week, I run a photography series called “Everyday Magic.” Enjoy!}

Last week, I talked about my experiences using my iPhone camera. I received a wonderful response from readers and a lot of questions about how I use my iPhone camera. Today, I recorded an eight-minute audio blog to answer those questions. In addition, I discussed iPhone photography tips and tools. Listen in here . . .

If you can’t listen to the audio segment, below are the key points I covered:

• When I take photos with my iPhone, I shoot with the native camera app.
  • After I’m done taking photos, I go through an editing process. I delete the bad photos and share the good ones on my blog and Instagram.
  • By experimenting with a wide variety of photo editing apps, I’ve found my photography style. I’ve tried all kinds of apps, including Camera+, Filterstorm, Hipstamatic, PhotoForge2, Picture Show and more. Currently, I’m using Snapseed and Afterglow to edit my iPhone photos.
  • And last but not least, my photography e-course — Everyday Magic — is open for registration! In this three-week, self-guided course, I will teach you how to capture everyday magic with your digital camera. You’ll also learn about composition, lighting, post-processing, and more. Details about my photography e-course can be found here.

• Bastian March 5, 2013, 1:41 am

Hi Tammy,

thanks fpr sharing your process with us. I was always curious how you work with your iPhone.
    I’m using Snapseed as well and love the possibilities I have with it.

Cheers,
    Bastian

• Tammy Strobel March 5, 2013, 7:30 am

Thanks Bastian! I’m glad the recording was helpful. Have a great day!

• Paula March 5, 2013, 11:50 am

Hi Tammy-
    I’ve been aware of your tiny house journey for awhile but just recently stumbled on the fact that you have these e-courses available. I just signed up for your Everyday Magic course and am so looking forward to getting back in touch with photography. Had been feeling it in the fall then didn’t do much. The course will spur and nudge me along to record what I already see and love and hopefully learn more new things as well. Thanks.

• Tammy Strobel March 5, 2013, 12:04 pm

Yay! I’m thrilled to have you in the course, Paula. 🙂

• Maria Northcutt March 5, 2013, 12:52 pm

I’ve been using Snapseed a lot since you mentioned it in “Everyday Magic”. Thank you for sharing your expertise 🙂

• DarrenKeith March 7, 2013, 6:34 am

I’m not an iPhone user but I shared your wonderful post with my Facebook/Twitter/G+ followers. Your post are always informative, uplifting, and insightful and truthful.

One segment in your audio blog hit home with me when it comes to taking photographs with my phone, you said that when taking your photos ‘you try and be in the moment’. I need to begin doing that instead of taking the photos and trying to post them to my site. Very cool tip.

Hope all is going well with you and the hubby and the cats. Keep doing what you’re doing, I appreciate you taken time out to share tips and advised to the masses.

DarrenKeith 🙂