Home Again + Happy Links

{Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy!}

Our trip to Portland was fantastic, fun, and fulfilling. We were in the city for a week and our time went by quickly. I still can’t believe we are back at the ranch!

Portland still feels like home to me and connecting with our friends was inspiring and motivating on a number of levels. Leaving again was emotional because I’m going to miss our friends. Plus, we have so many good memories that are tied to the city. For example, I kept thinking about my dad last week and all the good times we had in Portland. My dad loved good food, so he really loved Portland and all the unique restaurants and food carts in the city. Every time we had a meal, with friends, I thought about him.

On our last night in the city, we stayed at the Benson Hotel and had a few beers at Tugboat Brewing Company. As Logan and I sipped our beers, we watched people mill around the bar and listened to a group of fashionably dressed folks, across from us, talk about the cultural importance of Star Trek. I felt like I was in an episode of Portlandia, which was awesome!

Even though I miss Portland, and our buddies, I’m grateful that we had such an amazing experience. I’m grateful for our friends and their hospitality. I’m grateful for all the delicious coffee and food I consumed, and for long walks in the city. And last but not least, I’m grateful that we had the flexibility and resources to spend a week in Portland.

What are you grateful for? Share your story in the comments section.

Now onto this week’s inspiring links . . .

I’m super excited about this micro-course: “Create a Meaningful Morning Routine.”

Would you dance with one billion women?

At home and away.

Is writing really that difficult?

Thanks for the memories.

Everyday routines that make me feel good.

I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers.

Tiny house infographic.

Have a lovely weekend!

• Sophia February 15, 2013, 10:33 am

Glad you had such a fun time in Portland. I loved seeing all those delicious coffee photos you were sharing!

I feel much the same when we go back to San Diego to visit. We moved to a rural area from San Diego a few years ago. I love getting back to the city to visit with friends, squeeze their babies, partake in the various cultural offerings, and to eat great food. However, there is something great about coming back to our quiet home in a serene setting as well. I am glad we get to visit regularly so I can keep my San Diego connections.

Have a great weekend.

• Ann February 15, 2013, 11:43 am

I get such a pleasant, peaceful feeling visiting your blog, Tammy. Thank you for sharing your perspective, wonderful photos, and reminders about things that are really important and significant in life.

• Rebecca February 15, 2013, 12:08 pm

I am grateful for good friends, a loving husband and daughter, tickle fights, good food and coffee.

• Kaylin Lydia February 15, 2013, 12:31 pm

Sounds like a fabulous trip! I hope to make it to Portland some day. I am from CT but spent many years in Philadelphia, which I consider my home away from home. I thought I would never leave but then I did and now live in a small New Jersey shore town. Sometimes I find myself missing my Philadelphia life and then I visit and think how the heck did I live like this for so long?! Its an interesting thing to want a lifestyle for myself that does not serve me. xo.

• Cynthia February 15, 2013, 12:56 pm

More lovely photos! I agree with Ann, visiting your blog gives me a peaceful, happy feeling, which is even more appreciated in the dead of winter!

• Maria Northcutt February 15, 2013, 5:31 pm

Glad you had a good time! I never been to Portland, but I’m tempted to go now 🙂 Especially all talking about good food! My husband thinks I’m a food nazi..but good food is important, right?! Have a great weekend and thank you for posting a link to my blog. ~Maria

• Heather F February 15, 2013, 7:43 pm

Tammy, the books and the coffee look right up my alley!!! It looks like you all had a wonderful time! And bless your heart, thanks for adding one of my blog entries to your inspiration links!!! I, obviously, feel that way (inspired, that is) when I read your blog. 😀

Have a great weekend!

• Elizabeth L February 17, 2013, 4:14 am

Just stumbled upon this lovely blog. What a cute home you have. 🙂

Love the featured links!

• Aime Lopez February 18, 2013, 5:35 pm

Sorry, but I have to say it: You look LOVELY BEAUTIFUL with a baby on your arms!! 🙂 <3
    and I need a Latte like that one on the picture!!! 🙂