Everyday Life: First Snow

{Photography helps me see the world differently and enables me to be less sad about my dad’s death. Since I’ve been taking so many photos, I decided to begin a new series on the blog called  “Everyday Life.” Enjoy!}

On Saturday morning, we woke up to find a light dusting of snow on the ground. After I climbed down the loft ladder, I immediately went outside with my camera and the cats were right behind me. It was a treat to see the kittens explore the snow covered surroundings. They loved every minute of their new experience!

Enjoy your Monday and the photos . . .

With gratitude,

• Sophia November 12, 2012, 9:18 am

It’s fun to see your tiny house in the different seasons!

• Jana November 12, 2012, 11:14 am

Love the tiny amid the immense. And who can resist curious cat photos! Thank you.

• Denise November 12, 2012, 12:15 pm

Stay warm in your tiny house.

• Claire/Just a little less November 12, 2012, 12:20 pm

Love your tiny house nestled amongst the trees. What are the views like from inside the house?

• Tammy Strobel November 14, 2012, 9:10 am

@Claire – I’ll take a few photos and post them soon.

• Hope November 12, 2012, 2:09 pm

I love the snow!!! I missed it for so many years after living in San Francisco Bay Area. I miss a family around cold snowy days. Nothing lasts forever….. Change with the changes around you, there’s a reason to adapt.
    Love your blog!

• Candice November 12, 2012, 2:26 pm

Love the Lewis Carroll quote – two of my favorite books!

• Ellen November 12, 2012, 4:34 pm

Welcome to Siskiyou County! I found your blog via the THB and thought that your scenery looked familiar. I am nearby in western Siskiyou co, where the kid and I upgraded from retro airtream living to owning our very own shack! Can’t wait to read your book, for years I’ve been telling my daughter how rich we are, in all of the best ways. Hope you find Little Shasta warm and homey.

• Tammy Strobel November 14, 2012, 9:09 am

Hi Ellen – Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE Siskiyou County!

Your little place sounds lovely. 🙂 I hope you like the book.

• RJ November 12, 2012, 4:40 pm

Your place is an artwork in itself. Beautiful photography 🙂

• Jesse Lakota November 12, 2012, 5:00 pm

Tammy, How do your kitties not run away each time you move? I’d always be anxious about that scenario myself.

• Natalie November 13, 2012, 9:03 am

Beautiful. What a great quote to go with your pictures!

• Jeane George Weigel November 13, 2012, 9:37 am

Lovely photos! Thank you for offering your snow experience and that of the cats. Love your tiny house and big life concept as well as your catch phrase, “Go small, think big and be happy.” Nicely done. Congratulations on living the life you imagined.

• Emily November 13, 2012, 2:14 pm

I love that quote! We had our first snow here in Chicago last night, and it was magical. Big fat flakes that floated between all the old buildings in my neighborhood. But I have to imagine out west by you is even prettier!

• Ida Borg November 14, 2012, 8:21 am

Hello from a not yet snowy Sweden! I read about You in a magazine and got interested, so I bought your book! I´m just starting to read it. Those pictures of yours are very nice! It seems You have a gift of focusing on the beautiful things in life? Wonderful pictures! And thank You for being such an inspiring person! I feel like I´m about to start an exciting journey!

• Tammy Strobel November 14, 2012, 9:04 am

Hi Ida – Thanks for buying my book and for checking out the blog! I appreciate it.

• Anita Henriksen November 15, 2012, 9:09 am

Beautiful pictures and thoughts. I have read your book and enjoyed it immensly. I am downsizing, esp. my knitting yarns.

• Christina November 15, 2012, 2:23 pm

I hope it dumps this winter! :0)

→ Next post: