Happiness Is . . .

Happiness is a walk at sunset.

Happiness is taking photos at Pat and Blair’s 70th anniversary party.

Happiness is developing a consistent writing practice.

Happiness is seeing a night sky so clear that stars seem to twinkle.

Happiness is making my bed in the morning with fresh clean sheets.

Happiness is drinking a cup of coffee on my front porch and watching my cats chase butterflies.

Happiness is living close to my family.

Happiness is finding the courage to cultivate joy, beauty and gratitude in my everyday life.

Happiness is finding good stories in my inbox.

Happiness is living in on the ranch.

Micro-action: Take out your journal and write a list of ten activities that make you happy. Start with the phrase “Happiness is” and fill in the rest.

P.S. My book baby will hit the shelves on September 18th. You can buy a copy from Amazon.comBarnes and NobleNew World LibraryIndie Bound and Powell’s. I hope to see you at one of my author events too.

And last but not least, registration for my fall writing course is open. Join us!

• Jolie September 11, 2012, 10:58 pm

Happiness is a good friend, who is good at finding happiness.

• Paul - The Kind Little Blogger September 12, 2012, 3:17 am

Woah. Completing that “micro-action” was invigorating. I didn’t realise so many simple little things made me happy.

• Teri Kojetin September 12, 2012, 9:38 am

That was an enjoyable exercise. Top of my list is Skyping with my granddaughter, Sadie, once a week!

• Jill Salahub September 12, 2012, 11:07 am

Loved your list, and the picture. Here’s my list: http://thousandshadesofgray.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/happiness-is/ Thanks for the great prompt!

• Rose Byrd September 12, 2012, 1:27 pm

Tammy, you are bursting with the courage to shower joy on all you encounter, especially here in cyberspace! So very pleased for you and yours in your new home! Sip some good coffee there for me beneath Mount Shasta, okay?

• Mopsa - Inspira fundo September 12, 2012, 2:36 pm

Beautiful… And just made be a little bit happier 🙂

• Carolina September 15, 2012, 3:46 pm

So much fun Tammy 🙂 Thank you, I just did my own!

→ Next post: