Everyday Life: The Travel Edition

{Photography helps me see the world differently and enables me to be less sad about my dad’s death. Since I’ve been taking so many photos, I decided to begin a new series on the blog called  “Everyday Life.” The series showcase’s images from my everyday life and it runs at the end of each week. Enjoy!}

Typically, I post a round-up of inspiring links on Friday. But I don’t have any for you this week because I’ve been in Red Bluff with my mom and haven’t been online. Instead, my mom and I have been reminiscing, reflecting, and spending time outside together. I’ve also been working hard on my upcoming writing class. I’ve poured my heart into the class and I’m so excited to share the content with attendees. I hope you’ll enroll!

Rather than sharing links, today, I have some travel photos for you to check out. I hope these pictures inspire you to pick up your camera and go outside.

***

A photo walk in Washington Park.

PDX > Red Bluff.

Poolside + the lake.

Ohhh Henry.

Macro shots with the iPhone & Olloclip.

While I was in Red Bluff, I read through condolence letters and cards about my dad. They were beautiful and made me cry. This was one of my favorites . . .

Red Bluff > PDX.

If you’re ever in Yreka you must go to Strings. The food is amazing and so is the service.

***

FAQ

I’ve received two commonly asked questions about my photos. Below are the questions and my responses. If you have more inquiries, feel free to leave a comment.

1. What kind of camera do you use? I have two cameras; a Nikon D5000 and my iPhone camera. I bought my Nikon D5000 about four years ago and it rocks. I take pictures with both everyday. I have a kit lens that came with the D5000 but I prefer taking pictures with my 50mm lens. The Olloclip, for the iPhone, is a really cool tool too!

2. What’s your photo taking process? For more on that topic, read this post.

• Ryan N July 27, 2012, 12:49 pm

You are a wonderful photographer! And that dog rocks, too. 🙂

• Tammy Strobel July 27, 2012, 7:30 pm

Thanks Ryan. That’s my mom’s dog Henry. He is such a trouble maker. 🙂

• Denise July 27, 2012, 1:04 pm

You just keep getting better. Love.

• Gary July 28, 2012, 12:51 am

I love your blog and these photos are beautiful. I am particularly touched by how you focus on every day life. I have decided to take out a year from working on big projects, making big plans, going on big travel trips, and just stay in the day. It is difficult and yet transformative. Your blog is an inspiration to continue.
    A friend of mine writes a blog that you might like, in particular, this post, which is about everyday life http://www.isthismychair.com/?p=253
    She also has a really bittersweet post about her dad.
    I am not promoting her as much as connecting the two of you through the internet, if that is okay.
    Gary

• Tammy Strobel July 28, 2012, 7:52 am

Thank you so much Gary! I’m looking forward to checking out your friend’s blog. Thanks for passing along the info.

• Rose Byrd July 28, 2012, 9:27 am

SO pleased you dediced to share all these awesome and inspiring photos here today! Thank you. So much joy you have in your summer, Tammy!

• Ellen July 28, 2012, 9:56 am

Gorgeous pictures of everyday life while traveling. I loved how you took us into your travels with you. Thank you for sharing the beautiful condolence note. (And my condolences too – I just read your post about losing your dad last month, and agree that Susannah’s book fell into my lap just as I need it now too.) This post through photos is true heart and soul~

• tmc July 28, 2012, 3:36 pm

Your photos are so beautiful. My favourites are the ones of the lake. I long to visit a lake.

→ Next post: