How We Live

Early this morning, Think Out Loud interviewed us about our tiny house! The show was broadcast live from our dwelling and it was a lot of fun.

You can listen to the episode on Think Out Loud’s website (the play button is right below the title of the article) or you can download the show. Be sure to check out the photos too!

• puerhan July 11, 2012, 12:32 pm

Lovely photos! Spotted “Writing down the bones”, great book. 🙂

• Rose Byrd July 11, 2012, 1:24 pm

This is the first time I have been able to see so much of the wonderfully appropriate landscaping and fencing around your Tiny House! Thanks so much for sharing this here! Most inviting and cozy and appealing!

• Natalie July 11, 2012, 3:07 pm

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

• Nichole July 11, 2012, 8:01 pm

Very cool!

• carma July 12, 2012, 10:10 am

that was a fun tour of your place – it looks more spacious than one would expect from the outside. It has been my dream since I was a kid (I was an odd kid 😉 ) to live in a tiny place. Not sure we could ever eliminate enough of the stuff that we’ve accumulated over 20 years to do so but that is the goal..one day…

• anotherkindofdrew July 12, 2012, 10:58 am

Hey y’all! WOW! Imagine my surprise when I was listening to this broadcast and hear my name thrown out there. We are, in fact, a family of 3 (me, my wife, and our 10-month old daughter) who are building our 240 sq.ft. house. We have been living for the past 16 months in 210 sq.ft. so we are looking forward to the upsize. HAHAHAHAH. As Tammy said I do work from home and my wife is a stay-at-home mom. The secret for us is that there just is no secret. We take each day as it comes. Like Tammy and Logan our reasons are more financial than they are anything else because we do want to live mortgage free and invest in life and relationships rather than a house. As Logan said we do make sure most of our things have secondary and even tertiary functions. Nothing is a standalone. I agree that it helps to be wildly in love with your partner/spouse and your child. Living in such a way requires you to truly think about each thing you do. It is not a passive lifestyle. But that is really what we like about it. We have to be engaged in our own lives. It is not living as a spectator!

Thank you so much for the shout out y’all. Too cool!