Everyday Life: The Corvallis Edition

{Photography helps me see the world differently and enables me to be less sad about my dad’s death. Since I’ve been taking so many photos, I decided to begin a new series on the blog called  “Everyday Life.” The series showcase’s images from my everyday life. Enjoy!}

My word for 2012 is experiment; so today I’m experimenting with an audio blog and during August I’m going to participate in The August Break. For more on that, listen in here:

Projects mentioned in my talk include: Corbae CafeThe August BreakWriting in the Digital Age, and this tiny house.

Here are a few snapshots from my everyday life . . .

***

I snapped this while we were strolling through the farmer’s market . . .

Walking.

Food and wine with friends.

Light & leaves.

Simple reminders.

Friends with wings.

Hiking in Baldhill Park.

Coffee!

Are you documenting your summer adventures through pictures? If yes, please share your blog in the comments section.

• Kait Bird July 30, 2012, 7:39 am

WOW. I am really impressed and excited to see more everyday photos. 🙂

• Brenda July 30, 2012, 7:43 am

Really lovely photos. Thank you for sharing them. Love the bluebird the most.

• Tammy Strobel July 30, 2012, 8:23 am

@Brenda – Thanks. 🙂 The bluebird was so cute.

• Annie Wood July 30, 2012, 7:54 am

Love the spider and his web in the red leaves. 🙂

• Aubrey July 30, 2012, 9:13 am

Beautiful photos! My favorite is the light and the leaves with the blue fence. Just gorgeous! This inspires me to get my camera out and start shooting again. Thanks for sharing!

• Kay Hall July 30, 2012, 9:31 am

Good gracious I love your photography!

• Lidia July 30, 2012, 10:56 am

Such gorgeous pictures and I know exactly where you were walking. Love Bald Hill. It is actually in my backyard.

• Caroline July 30, 2012, 1:04 pm

I’ve been documenting our summer adventures on my blog, and have been playing around a lot with photography apps for the iPhone. I’ve found the phone handy for photos primarily because it fits in my pocket and I always have it with me, but I haven’t achieved your level of skill with it yet. You’ve got quite a talent, Tammy. I’ve loved all your summer photos!

• Tammy Strobel July 30, 2012, 7:40 pm

@Caroline – That’s awesome! I’ll be sure to check out your site. Thanks so much for the kind words. 🙂 I take a lot of photos with both my iPhone and Nikon. I love both! Thanks for reading.

• Ralph Joly July 30, 2012, 1:41 pm

Wonderfully sensitive photos reaffirming the quiet beauty of everyday life we so often take for granted.

• Rose Byrd July 30, 2012, 1:52 pm

Tammy, your amazing photos nourish me in body and soul! How very generous of you to share your summe adventures like this!

• Cecile Caple July 31, 2012, 1:09 pm

Hello Tammy: Thank you so much for including your pics on the blog here. The place where you live is really lovely. Your pics remind me of how much we are all the same. I often notice the beautiful rays dancing across leaves, but you managed to capture it and share. Also the tiny birds in their house really inspired me. How brave and strong they must be! Ok, then, thank you dear girl, for staying with us, you are the hope. 🙂 Big hug!

→ Next post: