Inspiring Links: Updates, Instacamp & Light

{Every week, I publish a small round-up of my favorite articles, books, photos, and other goodies. Enjoy!}

This morning I woke up insanely early and watched the sunrise in Red Bluff. I couldn’t sleep because I kept thinking about my step-dad, Mahlon. For years, Mahlon would be the first one out of bed and if the weather was nice you could usually find him out on the deck drinking coffee and reading his paper. As a teenager I’d get up late and wander out to the deck, with sleepies in my eyes, and we’d talk or joke around. I miss those mornings.

I wish Thursday morning had been a little more calm. It seems like every time I’m in Red Bluff, my dad is shipped off to the hospital and this trip is no exception. On Thursday morning he was rushed to the emergency room because he wasn’t responding to us. My mom and I thought we’d lost him.

Needless to say, he scared the hell out of us. It looks like he had a very small stroke, what the doctor’s call a TIA. He’s still in the hospital and we don’t know what is going to happen.

I’m working on a more detailed post about Mahlon’s situation and the healthcare system, so stayed tuned.

Now onto this week’s inspiring links . . .

– A Peek Inside the Notebooks of Famous Authors, Artists and Visionaries.

– Calm.

Into the Light.

Instacamp!

Unlocking a habit.

– All I Want for my Birthday is More.

Small Truths.

• Kourtney L. June 8, 2012, 1:10 pm

Calm.com is really amazing! I think it’s my new favorite.

• Rose Byrd June 8, 2012, 1:20 pm

Tammy, I am praying for you and Mahlon and your mom, especially! I am so grateful for these wonderful links because I can see you are looking at positive aspects of life! May you move ever more into the light in all that you are going through with your family right now. Such a marvelous set of memories you had with Mahlon visiting on that deck in childhood mornings! Thanks so much for sharing that. Focus on the love and the light all around you, Tammy!

• Natalie June 8, 2012, 3:01 pm

Tammy,

I wish you resolution for Mahlon’s latest situation. The memory you described is great and one of the happy things you have to remember. Have a good weekend.

• Terri June 8, 2012, 6:51 pm

Tammy – your relationship with your step-dad is so lovely and inspiring. I love reading about your memories of time with him. Such a difficult time for you and family – thinking of you. Thanks for the link also…much appreciated. All best wishes, Terri

• Emily June 9, 2012, 8:54 pm

Best wishes for your Dad, thoughts good vibes your way during this tough time!!

Thanks for the lovely links though 🙂

xx

• Jen H. June 10, 2012, 8:19 am

Tammy, your relationship with your step dad is so special and I truly hope that Mahlon is doing better after this latest hospitalization. Your family is in my thoughts.