Smalltopia Preview

I’ve been working hard on Smalltopia: A Practical Guide to Working for Yourself and can’t wait to launch it on Tuesday, August 31st!

This ebook will benefit anyone who is interested in leaving a traditional 9-5 job to pursue their dreams. It’s full of tips, tools, and strategies that will help you create personal freedom through a very small business.

The section I’m most excited about is the Smalltopia Case Studies. The case studies feature a range of stories, from crazy successful small business owners to people who are getting ready to escape their cubicle. The list of amazing contributors include: Leo Babauta, Chris Guillebeau, Jessica Reeder, Chris O’Byrne, Russ Roca, Laura Crawford, Karol Gajda, Chloe Adeline, Victoria Vargas, Karen Yaeger, Jules Clancy, Heather Levin, Matt Cheuvront, Tyler Tervooren and more!

The ebook will be sold for $27 and by signing up you’ll receive a discount prior to launch day.

Take a moment to review the first 23 pages for free!

• OwnStream August 25, 2010, 12:16 pm

“Focus and don’t engage in stupid work” (love it…thank you!)

Stephen
    OwnStream

• Dreamer August 25, 2010, 1:53 pm

Great Writing! I love your style, voice,and perspective . I look forward to hearing more of your writing, books, and articles.

Sincerely Yours,
    A Huge Fan

• jody lee August 25, 2010, 3:17 pm

That looks so promising – I’m really looking forward to those Case Studies. Great work : )

• Lena Wetherbee August 25, 2010, 7:12 pm

I devoured these first pages and cannot wait to read the rest! I have begun getting rid of THINGS in my life, but it’s rapidly dawning on me that a more wholesale lifestyle purge is in order. I’m betting you lovely little book will give me a nudge in the right direction. And although I am a lifelong lover of coasts and hills, that cover photo has me (almost) pining for the flat plains and big skies of middle America. Beautiful!

Lena

• Tammy August 26, 2010, 5:56 am

Yay! I’m so excited for you Lena. And I’m super excited that you like the book. Thanks for sharing part of your story and reading the blog!

• Miss Jackie August 25, 2010, 9:12 pm

Sounds great – but for $27 maybe market it as something other than an e-book. The case studies seem really cool, definitely want to check that out – but not for that much $$.

• Lindsay August 26, 2010, 6:06 am

I really appreciate that your lived experience is so transparent in your writing.
    It makes the actual message way more clear! Thank you for writing what you know!

• Carrie August 26, 2010, 7:03 am

love the preview, can’t wait to buy the book to read the rest! Love that it’s not empty theory/words – you walk your talk, and you have a warm, friendly writing style that shows just how do-able it is!

• Katie August 26, 2010, 11:04 am

You have such an honest, strong voice and point of view, Tammy. I think you’ve got a winner on your hands. I wish you nothing but the best — $27 is a steal for such an extensive guide to life.

• Michelle August 26, 2010, 12:28 pm

The first 23 pages were amazing, I can’t wait to read the rest of Smalltopia soon!

• Tammy August 26, 2010, 6:16 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I had trouble pricing this guide and put a lot of though into the price point. In the end, I do think the price is fair. I’ve worked really hard on Smalltopia and it includes some of my best photos. Plus, the Smalltopia Case Study section is incredible. And I’ll be offering a forever guarantee. But I digress. All of this will be covered on Tuesday. I’m excited for the launch. Thanks for your support. 🙂

• Dena August 26, 2010, 9:47 pm

Tammy, you have been a true inspiration to me, and I’m so excited for your ebook launch! I’m working to simplify my home and life, and I can’t wait to read your case studies.

I wish you all the best!

• Andrew Odom August 27, 2010, 8:27 am

Thank you for the glimpse into what I indeed plan to purchase on its release. The layout is simple yet quite artistic. The writing is good and as those before me stated, I can’t wait for the case studies. Should be interesting.

• Del August 27, 2010, 7:51 pm

Hi Tammy,

Really excited about your guide! Thanks for sharing these first pages with us. I think that the price is fair. I see your guide as a mini-course of sorts. One question: I know that you recommend Chris Guillebeau’s 9-5 guide. How would you say that your guide differs from his?

Thanks!

• Tammy September 1, 2010, 4:04 pm

Hey Del – Sorry for the delayed response. Chris and I have similar philosophies, but I do think his book is more comprehensive and I believe he offers audio interviews along with the written content. It’s a rockin’ book. 🙂 Hope that helps.

• Roxane August 29, 2010, 7:32 pm

I agree with the comments so far…your book looks just great! I hope you have a successful launch this week.