≑ Menu

How to Become Your Epic Self

Over the last few months, I’ve been interviewing amazing individuals about simple living, location independence, financial freedom and more. Every Thursday, a feature interview is posted on RowdyKittens.

Last week I spoke with Everett Bogue, the blogger behind Far Beyond the Stars and author of Minimalist Business. This week I talked with Amber Zuckswert of Epic Self. We chatted about a variety of topics including minimalism, location independence, Amber’s new virtual pilates studio, and more! Enjoy the interview peeps. πŸ™‚

Listen to the audio interview by clicking here.

Note: The interview is 17 minutes long.

If this post helped you, please retweet it! Thanks!

• nuri July 8, 2010, 5:14 am

Would it be possible, when you do audio interviews, to create a transcript as well? There’s some amoung your readers that are hard of hearing or have other disorders (such as myself) that make audio files hard to listen to or to unpack. Minimalist living should be accessible to everybody, and this is such a simple action to take.

• Tammy July 8, 2010, 6:23 am

Hi Nuri – Of course. I’ll work on developing a transcript. It was not my intention to exclude anyone.

• nuri July 8, 2010, 6:57 am

That’s fantastic, thank you so much.

• Tammy July 8, 2010, 1:51 pm

@Nuri – No problem. I probably won’t get to it until next week. But once I do, I’ll send you an email with the updated post. Have a great weekend! πŸ™‚

• Kimmoy July 8, 2010, 8:27 am

Thanks for this interview, I prefer pilates over yoga and I’m a dancer just like Amber πŸ™‚ A culmination of anemia, stress, etc. has left me in an unhealthy state and it’s time for a change. I’m currently working on really getting my health back in order so I’m taking her advice of starting with daily walks until I build up my fitness level. I love that she’s able to do what she loves and travel the world. I also enjoyed the points where she talked about the need for stability and very good budgeting which most minimalists don’t talk about. Very authentic and inspirational interview, thanks for sharing!

• Tammy July 8, 2010, 1:51 pm

@Kimmoy – Uggg! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been sick. But I’m super excited that you are working on getting healthy again. I’m sending you hugs. πŸ™‚

• Amber July 8, 2010, 8:26 pm

Kimmoy- Anemia and stress run so high with most dancers. I’ve battled with similar issues over the years when going through intense training. I’m so glad you could relate with the budgeting. I’m blissfully minimal without the stress of money anymore. Nomading for too long is exhausting emotionally and financially, but so rewarding.

• Katie July 8, 2010, 6:17 pm

Great interview Tammy. Amber is fantastic. I discovered her blog from one of your tweets and can’t get enough of her good vibe and energy. Great to hear both your voices (although yours, Tammy, was harder to hear, but oh so sweet). Love your nomad attitude, Amber. No fear, global, minimalist approach, very empowering.

• Tammy July 8, 2010, 7:43 pm

Thanks Katie! My voice has always been so quiet… πŸ™‚

• Amber July 8, 2010, 8:28 pm

Thanks so much Katie. I wish I could say I have no fear. I have to force myself everyday to break my own barriers. It’s never ending and it’s scary, but awesome.

• Chris July 8, 2010, 10:09 pm

I loved what Amber said about walking. I live in London and pretty much walk everywhere, along with a combination of a bus or tube journey when needed. This coupled with a few weight training and yoga sessions a week is more than enough exercise….

I am planning to start biking soon though, what puts me off is the safety in London as it is hardly a city prepared or catering towards cyclists….

These interviews are great BTW!

• Chris July 9, 2010, 9:53 am

Tammy – if you’d like to explore live online yoga (not one on one, but large group classes), OmPractice.com would be happy to hook your readers up with free classes. ….In fact, we just did. Enter the code “ROWDY” and your readers get 100% off 1 hr classes for the next two weeks. The internet can be great like that πŸ™‚