On the Road to Portland

Portland Fun 2009 Scouting Mission 39It’s official! We’re leaving Sacramento tomorrow and moving to Portland. I’ll be on the road for the next few days, so if I’m slow approving or responding to comments please be patient.

I’m going to miss so many things about Sacramento, like my amazing co-workers, friends and the kick-ass biking community.

I’m working on a more in-depth post about new beginnings and gratitude. So stay tuned.

• Tami January 29, 2010, 7:25 am

Bon voyage! Safe travels!

Maybe we’ll cross paths in Portland.

• Rik January 29, 2010, 7:33 am

Hai Tammy,
    Good luck with the move! Hopefully everthing goes already, and you both settle real fast.
    Groetjes (*)
    Rik

(*) dutch for greetings

• Alejandro Reyes January 29, 2010, 7:38 am

It is a bit hard to leave great people behind, but this new beginning will bring a lot of good adventures and wonderful people your way. I’m glad for you and I really wish you the best on this journey!

I’m sure you will be able to tackle all the new challenges too. Congratulations Tammy!

• Stephanie Reiley January 29, 2010, 7:52 am

Travel safe, guys!

• Sharper January 29, 2010, 8:04 am

On behalf of the Bike Kitchen, thanks for the shout-out, and on behalf of Sacramento, we’re sorry to see you go! Have fun in Portland!

• Windwolf January 29, 2010, 8:16 am

May “The Force” be with you!

• Debby January 29, 2010, 9:37 am

Gonna miss knowing that you’re in the neighborhood. Safe journey!

• Carrie January 29, 2010, 9:54 am

you must be bouncing off the walls with excitement – have a safe journey (and lots of fun settling in)!

• Michelle January 29, 2010, 10:10 am

I am so jealous! I have been toying with the idea of moving across the country to Portland sometime soon, but as for right now it just isn’t possible without breaking my mother’s heart (plus two sets of grandparent’s hearts!). Have a fabulous trip and enjoy your new home!

• James Schipper January 29, 2010, 10:39 am

Woohoo! Excellent! Have fun!

• Kent January 29, 2010, 10:59 am

Travel safe and have fun. It’s a great area with lots to do and enjoy. Will miss you here in California though!

• Lisa January 29, 2010, 11:34 am

Best Wishes for your journey and new life!

• Amity January 29, 2010, 2:50 pm

After I get through having a pity party for myself, I will be happy for you! J/K

Tammybear, I am going to miss you….my heart is heavy but I know you will be so much happier…have a safe trip and an unforgettable journey.

I will see you soon!

Love,
    Amity

• Pamela Wu January 29, 2010, 5:53 pm

Tammy,

I just saw the news on your Facebook page! I am excited for you and Logan to turn a new leaf and move to Portland, but sad that I didn’t get a chance to visit with you once more before your departure. Please have a safe journey and take care. If I’m ever in Portland – which is a GREAT city – I will look you up!

Warmly,
    Pamela Wu

• Tammy February 1, 2010, 10:21 pm

@Pamela – Ahhh I’m sad I didn’t get to see you before the big move. If you’re ever in Portland, please look us up. 🙂

• Aaron February 1, 2010, 11:49 pm

I’ve just discovered this. As a Portlander we welcome you with open arms. You already know that this is the cycling capital of America. But the community is so much more than just biking. It’s about potlucks, community movie nights, and parties, parties, parties.
    I hope that you’ll send a post to the shift list (shift2bikes.org) when you arrive or just send me an email when you get to town and we can meet you when you get into town.
    Best wishes to you

• Tammy February 2, 2010, 7:43 am

Thank you Aaron! That is so sweet. I’ll check out the site you mentioned and send you an email right now. Let’s meet up for coffee! 🙂

• Tomas Quinones February 2, 2010, 8:59 pm

Welcome to Portland! Hope to meet you guys some time.

→ Next post: