Over the Thanksgiving holiday Logan and I cleaned out his closet at the ranch. It was filled with lots of excess stuff and we donated 99% of the items to the thrift store.
A majority of the items had been sitting in the closet for years collecting dust. I have to take responsibility for some of the clutter. I was storing my old ski’s and bo0ts at the ranch; in addition to our wedding china. I was so happy to donate these items and all of Logan’s extra stuff.
I hope someone else will be able to use the skis, china and clothing.
If you want to clean out your closet, below are a few tips that might help.
1. Take everything out of the closet.
2. Sort your stuff into a few piles. Items you’re considering keeping, a donation pile and a pile for non-salvageable, non-recyclable trash.
3. Items that should be salvaged for recycling include old papers, cardboard, lumber, and plastic, just to name a few examples Only trash items as a last resort. Our landfills are growing at an exponential pace.
4. Make time for a thrift store run.
5. Call the thrift store in advance. Make sure the store will accept your donations.
Clearing the clutter out of your life is a beautiful feeling.